• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

They Lost my sub
2 2

22 posts in this topic

Has anyone else gotten subs Lost? 

So earlier today I recieved an email asking if I had sent my sub in error not containing the subbed cards (standard sub w/SG). I've been packaging subs the same way for my last 3 big subs. 1 box 3 bubble mailers seperating each sub tier. Ex w/sg, standard no SG, standard w/SG and obviously the packing slip. Any way it seems the way this email was worded is pointing at "I" failed to pack the submission so wtf do I do now? Whole lotta questions not a lot of answers. 397638907_Screenshot_20210522-123448923(1).thumb.jpg.e62523ad67e642ac7444b683220f982e.jpg

1 hour ago, Nathan Robins said:

I believe they record opening all the packages so should be able to show proof. 

Thanks I hope they do record it and my sub didn't somehow fall through the cracks.

12 hours ago, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

Start calling people. I'd called CGC asking for video footage of the package being opened and I would report fraud to both CGC and USPS or whoever you Shipped with

I searched my whole house it ain't here. Hard to replace mint first ed base German, french, Spanish, Italian pikachus and few Holos from neo. You would think that if the packaging was damaged by USPS they would email me so I can file a claim since the package was insured so I'm thinking it wasn't damaged and they misplaced it.

@KimibokoThis is alarming. I'm a part of a very large discord of individuals who submit cards to CGC/PSA (not only Pokemon) - and in the past 6 months there has been a very large amount of individuals who have stated USPS (Sarasota, FL) opened their package, took the contents, then delivered the package to CGC. 

All of the individuals this has happened too; tracking shows it was at the 'Sarasota Office' for longer than it should have been. If you look up the reviews of the Sarasota USPS...it's scary. Employees stealing packages seems to be overly common.

You might want to give them a call if you shipped with USPS. If you did not - I'm not sure what to tell you =/ Sorry

30 minutes ago, Oreos said:

@KimibokoThis is alarming. I'm a part of a very large discord of individuals who submit cards to CGC/PSA (not only Pokemon) - and in the past 6 months there has been a very large amount of individuals who have stated USPS (Sarasota, FL) opened their package, took the contents, then delivered the package to CGC. 

All of the individuals this has happened too; tracking shows it was at the 'Sarasota Office' for longer than it should have been. If you look up the reviews of the Sarasota USPS...it's scary. Employees stealing packages seems to be overly common.

You might want to give them a call if you shipped with USPS. If you did not - I'm not sure what to tell you =/ Sorry

Wow. Unbelievable.

1 hour ago, Oreos said:

Great... my submission has been at the USPS Sarasota facility since 5/22. I was expecting it to be out for delivery as of this morning, but no change yet... Idk why I read these boards, I just get more and more depressed

Edited by nickdrizzle
edit

On 5/22/2021 at 1:40 AM, Sp33dy said:

Sounds like u lost a lot of cards and cgc will not accept any responsibility for it and say it was a mess up on ur end smh

So CGC claims that they received an empty package and it's automatically their fault somehow? :facepalm:

@Oreos That’s sounds like one hell of a scam. Essentially, any chance of recovering the stolen goods are thrown out the window considering the problem won’t be reported for 1-2 months after the fact (when CGC gets around to opening it). This could be a full on scheme of people identifying packages to CGC specifically. I’ve dealt with USPS for a package that got stolen/was never delivered, and I was basically mess out of luck. There’s gotta be some recourse if everyone takes the time to report it/file a police report, as well as CGC flexing their muscles a little bit. 

Edited by GHFoster

1 hour ago, GHFoster said:

@Oreos That’s sounds like one hell of a scam. Essentially, any chance of recovering the stolen goods are thrown out the window considering the problem won’t be reported for 1-2 months after the fact (when CGC gets around to opening it). This could be a full on scheme of people identifying packages to CGC specifically. I’ve dealt with USPS for a package that got stolen/was never delivered, and I was basically mess out of luck. There’s gotta be some recourse if everyone takes the time to report it/file a police report, as well as CGC flexing their muscles a little bit. 

Yeah I hate all of this.What a horribly anxiety inducing thing to put into collectors' heads, especially when packages are now taking 2 months to open. 

Does anyone know if FedEx or UPS viable options to get cards to CGC? Do either of them leverage the Sarasota USPS as a drop-off for USPS to make the final mile delivery?

Just seeing if there's a way to avoid USPS altogether as I know they sometimes partner on parts of routes.  

51 minutes ago, PokemanDude90 said:

Yeah I hate all of this.What a horribly anxiety inducing thing to put into collectors' heads, especially when packages are now taking 2 months to open. 

Does anyone know if FedEx or UPS viable options to get cards to CGC? Do either of them leverage the Sarasota USPS as a drop-off for USPS to make the final mile delivery?

Just seeing if there's a way to avoid USPS altogether as I know they sometimes partner on parts of routes.  

I always ship FedEx to CGC Trading cards. I've never had an issue, Just make sure to send it as either FedEx Express, or FedEx Ground (if you ship to the PO Box with FedEx smartpost it is a good chance USPS still is involved in the process)

On 5/24/2021 at 2:15 PM, Lazyboy said:
On 5/22/2021 at 1:40 AM, Sp33dy said:

Sounds like u lost a lot of cards and cgc will not accept any responsibility for it and say it was a mess up on ur end smh

So CGC claims that they received an empty package and it's automatically their fault somehow? :facepalm:

:popcorn: