• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Incorrect final charges - not matching packing slip/original quoted charges

11 posts in this topic

My first submission back in March prior to the price increase (express 4 cards w/ subs) final charge was $6.30 more ($7 - 10% for my subscription discount) due to it looks like an error by their computer system during initial calculations where it missed a subgrade due to submitting two of the same card as part of the 4. No big deal, even though I figured this out on my own with no response from CGC accounting when I reached out.

My second submission submitted in April (also just prior to the price increase - express 15 cards w/ subs) final charge is $40.50 more. It looks liked I was charged the new increase subgrades price of $9 ($10 - 10% my discount) vs $6.30 ($7 - 10% my discount) pre-price increase even though the actually grading tier was billed correctly pre-price increase for the 15 cards at $36 each ($40 - 10% discount).

I will have to double check my invoice when my cards get here, but that is what my math is telling me cause it works out exactly to that amount ($9 x 15 = $135; $6.30 x 15 = $94.50; $135 - $94.50 = $40.50)

Just putting a warning out there to make sure you are not being overcharged and getting screwed cause it can easily be overlooked.

I will be contacting CGC accounting first chance I get to get an explanation and correct this error.

Had the same thing happen on a submission that came back last week. 7 Card express order before the price change that got charged the correct old price for grading, but $10 per card on subgrades, I called the accounting department and they were able to get it corrected, but something people should definitely be aware to look out for when you get your cards back.

5 hours ago, Unlikely7 said:

Thank you for posting, I just took a look at my most recent invoice and I'll be needing to call them as well it seems

Glad to hear you caught it!

I'm seeing the same. 16 standard. My submission says:

$340 grading, $5 handling, $68 subs, $43 shipping, $456 total.

Invoice says $548 total. That's a difference of $92. If I divide 92 by 16 cards, it's $5.75. If I divide my sub cost in my submission form, $68 by 16 cards, it's $4.25. $4.25 + $5.75 = $10 is what they charged for my subgrades. Not only did they charge the new fee, but I didn't even get my 15% discount.

26 minutes ago, sellerservicescorp said:

Bump just a reminder for people to be keeping an eye on this. I got another submission back yesterday where I was overcharged on subgrades.

Thanks! I added subgrades to my order back in Feb when they were only $5... glad I kept the emails confirming what the additional total cost would be. Will be keeping an eye out

On 5/23/2021 at 7:03 PM, Unlikely7 said:

Thank you for posting, I just took a look at my most recent invoice and I'll be needing to call them as well it seems

update- I finally got around to calling them about this and it was quick and easy. I've had some trouble getting email responses in the past but if you call customer service they're on point

Edited by Unlikely7