• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay Issue
1 1

51 posts in this topic

OK guys I have an issue with a recent eBay auction that I would like your opinions/advice. I sold a raw Eternals #1 30 cent variant that I bought on this website about a decade ago for, if I remember right, $30. Put it in my box and hadn’t seen the light of day until I saw how much they were selling on eBay recently. Put it up on the site and it sold for a premium about a month ago. Now a month later the buyer is claiming to eBay he bought a black light and the comic has color touch. He wants his money back. Who color touches a $30 comic? And also I have photos of the inside front cover that shows no color touch bleed through. 
eBay never contacted me about this, my wife noticed it, and they automatically ruled in his favor. This is so wrong. And if you know me, I abhor restoration. What are my options?

Jim

38 minutes ago, awe4one said:

The guy has 5 reviews.

Jim

That says it all.

This is why I hate eBay sometimes, and I doubt it has color touch. $30? Really? Almost sounds like he is broke and needs money, or he is unhappy with the book and doesn't like the condition. Why lie though? He probably thought from the photos that it was a 9.8 and thought he was going to score until he got it in his hands.

1 minute ago, Bird said:

accept a return...you win some and you lose some and this one went south. the truth of his claim is irrelevant. He wants to return, take it back.

refund when you have book in hand

@awe4one This, then block him, and post in the eBay blocked buyer list post in the forum.

Ok...I don’t like it. Don’t like that someone can dictate their sale if they don’t like their own error. And really don’t like them accusing me of something I never did. Especially something I really don’t like. This is kind of personal with me. I never thought someone would of accused of me of this and now it has happened, regardless of they being wrong. I really want to fight this until I’m forced to accept it.

Jim

5 minutes ago, awe4one said:

I do not like being wronged.

Agreed, no issue here...

Your question was what are my options:

Spend the time and expense to fight it and very likely lose anyway...loss of time and/or expense...

Accept the return, learn from the experience and move on without expending any more emotional energy to the matter

Try to find a compromise with the seller and accept a partial return, valuing the book as a "restored" copy in grade

I agree with Bird. Life can be unfair, people and institutions unreasonable. As long as you get the book returned in the same state it was sent, block them, move on and forget about it. The book will find a happy home with the right person at some point.

1 minute ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I agree with Bird. Life can be unfair, people and institutions unreasonable. As long as you get the book returned in the same state it was sent, block them, move on and forget about it. The book will find a happy home with the right person at some point.

This is my concern..fight it and the buyer may just make sure the book get's returned with color touch out of spite and you lose twice