• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turnaround Times
1 1

32 posts in this topic

On 6/16/2021 at 1:11 AM, Courageous Cat said:

I do agree with one thing, they should temporarily halt submissions until they get caught up

They've gone in the other direction and instead are announcing new private signings on an almost daily basis. It's clear at this point that CGC gives zero fuggs about turnaround times because they know we need our slab fix. 

44 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

They've gone in the other direction and instead are announcing new private signings on an almost daily basis. It's clear at this point that CGC gives zero fuggs about turnaround times because they know we need our slab fix. 

But at least with these glacial TATs, people aren't complaining about Newton Rings as much!

I have noticed that about every other week the lead times for each tier keeps going up and getting pushed out more. Originally sent in one order and it has been sitting there for a while and when it was sent the lead time was 56 days, then 64 days, then 79 days, then 89 days and now it is up to 96 days. So going by working days you are looking at 5 months to get books back. Sent in an Express book last week and when it arrived it was 11 days and it is now 15 days. So every time you turn around the numbers just keep going up. So it is almost half a year to get books graded.

So if you are also getting CCS then you are looking at almost 8 to 10 months if not longer to get books back. 

Edited by cklamer
added

5 hours ago, cklamer said:

I have noticed that about every other week the lead times for each tier keeps going up and getting pushed out more. Originally sent in one order and it has been sitting there for a while and when it was sent the lead time was 56 days, then 64 days, then 79 days, then 89 days and now it is up to 96 days. So going by working days you are looking at 5 months to get books back. Sent in an Express book last week and when it arrived it was 11 days and it is now 15 days. So every time you turn around the numbers just keep going up. So it is almost half a year to get books graded.

So if you are also getting CCS then you are looking at almost 8 to 10 months if not longer to get books back. 

yep! No more grading for me until this BS is sorted out

8 minutes ago, K.P.D. said:

So you sent in a post-1975 book worth less than $400 under the Standard tier solely to get it back quicker?

No, it was a post-1975 book that exceeded the value under the Modern tier, so it had to go Standard.  I understand that CGC expects you to pay more for grading on higher value books, but on the Express and Walkthrough tiers, the turnaround times are substantially less.  For Standard, it's about the same as Modern + Fast Track.

1 hour ago, Appleseed1967 said:

No, it was a post-1975 book that exceeded the value under the Modern tier, so it had to go Standard.  I understand that CGC expects you to pay more for grading on higher value books, but on the Express and Walkthrough tiers, the turnaround times are substantially less.  For Standard, it's about the same as Modern + Fast Track.

I sent in a book for standard in April and the turn around time for it was only 25 days.  By the time it was opened and checked in the times had shot up into the 60's.  I'm still waiting.