• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Current turn around time for Express: 7 Days LOL
1 1

22 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, DonLaGreca said:

My 10 card express submission has been in "Grading/Quality Control" for 18 days..... Hello? Who makes these estimations???

That was when TAT for Express was at 24 days. Are you counting all days or business days Mon - Fri? The estimated times are just that, estimated and not exact...

3 hours ago, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

That was when TAT for Express was at 24 days. Are you counting all days or business days Mon - Fri? The estimated times are just that, estimated and not exact...

Lol yes i understand how estimations work. But when you state a submission has entered the grading stage it should not take 3 over weeks to grade. I rather the card not be falsely claimed to be in this step if it is clearly not. Unless a sloth and a snail are sharing this submission 

5 minutes ago, DonLaGreca said:

Lol yes i understand how estimations work. But when you state a submission has entered the grading stage it should not take 3 over weeks to grade. I rather the card not be falsely claimed to be in this step if it is clearly not. Unless a sloth and a snail are sharing this submission 

I suppose you think if you were a professional grader that you could grade 10 cards in less than 18 days?  Think about it.  That's giving less than 2 days per card; be real, buddy.

If u know there’s express subs that still haven’t been done and it’s been over 20 days, how can u safely say that the est tat is jus 7 days. That’s jus falsely throwing a number out. That’s more than being dishonest and everyone knows it

6 minutes ago, Sp33dy said:

If u know there’s express subs that still haven’t been done and it’s been over 20 days, how can u safely say that the est tat is jus 7 days. That’s jus falsely throwing a number out. That’s more than being dishonest and everyone knows it

"Turnaround times reflect the estimated number of working days to complete a submission delivered to our facility today.

Turnaround times are estimates only and are NOT guaranteed.

Due to high submission volumes, there may be a delay in opening incoming packages.

Certain grading tiers are currently experiencing significant delays."

24 minutes ago, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

"Turnaround times reflect the estimated number of working days to complete a submission delivered to our facility today.

Due to high submission volumes, there may be a delay in opening incoming packages.

And yet no one is making a big deal that bulk TAT jumped all the way from 225 days to 228 days.  It's like no one is paying attention to that nearly 1-1/2% jump.  

46 minutes ago, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

Wonder how it would go over if I worded something like this into the next job I quote. I'll paint your house in a month...

or 6. Depending on work flow. 😂

Edited by Yeahiwasder4dat

7 minutes ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

Wonder how it would go over if I worded something like this into the next job I quote. I'll paint your house in a month...

or 6. Depending on work flow. 😂

The lack barriers of entry to becoming a painter make it such that a delay like this couldn't be tolerated. It's easy to become a painter (relatively), especially compared to a complicated service such as collectible grading. 

A better comparison would be cable companies or satellite providers. There are very few of them, so your substitutions are hard to do (sometimes impossible, depending on where you live). Therefore, the tolerance customers have to have during poor customer service experiences must be higher; your alternative here is to take your cards to one of the select other grading companies who are experiencing similar customer service issues OR not grade your cards. 

2 minutes ago, Ron Churches said:

The lack barriers of entry to becoming a painter make it such that a delay like this couldn't be tolerated. It's easy to become a painter (relatively), especially compared to a complicated service such as collectible grading. 

A better comparison would be cable companies or satellite providers. There are very few of them, so your substitutions are hard to do (sometimes impossible, depending on where you live). Therefore, the tolerance customers have to have during poor customer service experiences must be higher; your alternative here is to take your cards to one of the select other grading companies who are experiencing similar customer service issues OR not grade your cards. 

That was in jest, and I wasn't going that deep with but that would be more accurate. Point being no one would be alright with that or be livid if they didn't expect something like that and I increased my "estimation" by 300%+.

At what point would people just rather go without? Especially with the cards not being returned we've run I to a situation in which we are completely at their mercy as the customer.

1 minute ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

That was in jest, and I wasn't going that deep with but that would be more accurate. Point being no one would be alright with that or be livid if they didn't expect something like that and I increased my "estimation" by 300%+.

At what point would people just rather go without? Especially with the cards not being returned we've run I to a situation in which we are completely at their mercy as the customer.

Real talk, I think CGC and PSA and BGS are hoping that some WILL go without. Think about it; they all bill after grading now, so as the mountain piles up and they scan in the submission form, they absolutely can calculate their actual revenue through...maybe end of year or even mid-2022? I suppose they'd have to estimate the higher services, but that revenue is largely locked in. They can afford to some customers off and force them to competitors and/or become no graders. Hell, it probably boosts their outlook for 2022. Notice they've gotten Express and Wlkthrough cleaned up MOVING FORWARD. That's the customers they care about most (pay more = care more). 

If I were OP here, I'd be on the phone with them complaining. That seems to get traction pretty quick on the egregious oversights like this. I am also always curious what the cards are when stuff like this happens. Are they super rare and need research? Are they hung up in authentication? There are real process reasons why things might delay beyond stated TaT, too.

My express order was received 4/6 it has still not been graded.

Coming up on 36 BUSINESS days and not even graded. 

I know they are busy but that is very disappointing for express service. 

21 hours ago, Ron Churches said:

Real talk, I think CGC and PSA and BGS are hoping that some WILL go without. Think about it; they all bill after grading now, so as the mountain piles up and they scan in the submission form, they absolutely can calculate their actual revenue through...maybe end of year or even mid-2022? I suppose they'd have to estimate the higher services, but that revenue is largely locked in. They can afford to some customers off and force them to competitors and/or become no graders. Hell, it probably boosts their outlook for 2022. Notice they've gotten Express and Wlkthrough cleaned up MOVING FORWARD. That's the customers they care about most (pay more = care more). 

If I were OP here, I'd be on the phone with them complaining. That seems to get traction pretty quick on the egregious oversights like this. I am also always curious what the cards are when stuff like this happens. Are they super rare and need research? Are they hung up in authentication? There are real process reasons why things might delay beyond stated TaT, too.

I have no problem with the submission taking longer than the TAT and I understand it is a best guess estimation from CGC, but please don't claim the card is in the grading and quality control stage and then have it sit there for 3 weeks. Its just a bit embarrassing that it could possible take that long, or you are just lying and the card is not in that stage, which is fine. Just be honest. And as far as the submission, it's 10 cards, being a mix of modern Charizards, some hidden fates, and three 1st edition gym hero's cards. Certainly not a complicated submission for CGC. 

On 5/27/2021 at 5:27 AM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

If I was CGC I'd remove the status of the submissions and only tell people that CGC received the packages and when CGC ships your submissions back. 

But then many would whine that they don't know where their stuff is in the process, and that they don't know when they'll be returned, and would demand that at least some time frame be thrown out there just so they have an idea. 9_9

Interesting on the change to 7 days on Express and I believe it might be accurate as walkthrough is also currently listed as 7 days. Not enough data points, but found it interesting that my recent submissions of Express and Walkthrough.... the Express finished sooner. They were shipped in the same box so opened same time.

Express marked received 5/12, Finalized/Imaged/Shipped 5/27 (11 Working Days)

Walkthrough marked received 5/12, Finalized/Imaged/Shipped 5/28 (12 Working Days)

18 hours ago, sellerservicescorp said:

Interesting on the change to 7 days on Express and I believe it might be accurate as walkthrough is also currently listed as 7 days. Not enough data points, but found it interesting that my recent submissions of Express and Walkthrough.... the Express finished sooner. They were shipped in the same box so opened same time.

Express marked received 5/12, Finalized/Imaged/Shipped 5/27 (11 Working Days)

Walkthrough marked received 5/12, Finalized/Imaged/Shipped 5/28 (12 Working Days)

I mean this is the problem right here... there is absolutely no consistency and its pretty embarrassing. Not sure how my express submission that was received a week earlier is still not yet graded.

On 5/26/2021 at 10:23 AM, Ron Churches said:

I would think they would know how many cards they also clear in a day. If it's 3k/4k/5k etc. I don't understand why the lack of trying to match orders to output unless it's simply to lock in as much money as possible at the expense of the customers. Jack prices through the roof, get TAT back under control, then ease it up until the sweet spot. I wasn't sweating it much when they were two weeks behind opening mail. Two months though???

I'm not a big submitter, but by the time everything is done I'll have spent 3-4k on grading between CGC and CSG. The time isn't even the biggest issue to me. I could have done things differently if I knew the times going in, and *might* still have been able to make it work. As it stands, puts me in a real f*cked up situation, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

It's the principle behind it. Feeling like I got baited into using them based off of the "estimates". Close? No problem. 300% difference when I'm trying to keep my money flowing? Major problem. Can't have a bunch of cards tied up for an indeterminate amount of time, and they don't allow bumping or canceling now which wasn't the case when submitted.

I personally don't grade PC cards unless it's like a 500+ card, and even then I don't always do it. Just throw my cards in binders, as I see grading as a service that's for selling. I don't really need my cards in a slightly more sophisticated case with a number on it. Maybe a lot of people do grade their entire PC? With grading being for selling purposes TAT is an important factor that shouldn't be allowed to balloon like this.

On 5/25/2021 at 8:40 PM, Holku said:

I suppose you think if you were a professional grader that you could grade 10 cards in less than 18 days?  Think about it.  That's giving less than 2 days per card; be real, buddy.

Ah, sarcasm! Just one of the many services we offer.