• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Dumb Comic Book Covers

299 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Randall Ries said:

This intense cover shows Wolverine and Hulk for what could easily be mistaken as a scene in some privacy-free military bathroom where both titans are coming to terms with the reality that Spider-Man spiked their chocolate milk with Ex-Lax and all they can do is stare at each other and scream.

OF KINGS mt

135052.jpg

alsowhy is Hulk looking away from wolferine?

1 minute ago, kav said:

alsowhy is Hulk looking away from wolferine?

Clearly he has humility. I mean, Hulk shouldn't even be wearing pants most of the time since he is an endless seething creature of rage. ("Hulk HATE torn, tight pants! Hulk RIP THEM OFF!") Pants would be his last concern. But. Pants. Every time.

In the 1960's, many social ills were being founded. Drug use among the white affluent who couldn't really handle them. STD's were beginning to become a real problem in middle America. Divorce was on the rise as middle White America went looking for itself and never really came back. Just when things seemed like they couldn't get worse: I mean, look at the way the red shirted city guy is holding that shovel! Even the deer is like "Getting the HELL outta here!"

City-Boy-in-the-Woods-A.jpg

Edited by Randall Ries

11 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

Clearly he has humility. I mean, Hulk shouldn't even be wearing pants most of the time since he is an endless seething creature of rage. ("Hulk HATE torn, tight pants! Hulk RIP THEM OFF!") Pants would be his last concern. But. Pants. Every time.

Maybe he gets his pants from Batman's tailor.

2 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.8187ad15cdf5a0bf7056b47c136bbae2.jpg

Worldwide Pants could fix this issue.

4 hours ago, Hairless Wookiee said:

Is this better?

Shazam 2.JPG

Jesus no. The 1st issue is worth some money now but looks like Superman introducing Batson on a Vaudeville stage. Ridiculous. Every subsequent cover got worse and worse until they pulled the plug. They should have teamed him up with Omac.

Edited by Randall Ries

Dumb, stupid, ridiculous, absurd is what I love about comic books, but there's good dumb and then there is 1950s World's Finest covers which are just boooring and lame. Why do I want to see superman and batman go fishing or being weirdos taking photos of each other or debating weather or not to skinny dip with kids? Also Superman seems to forget he can fly too all the time on these covers....

wf1.thumb.jpg.fc1f21885b19e66a9457aa58be5d7e6c.jpgwf2.thumb.jpg.a96ebc2abb47258550dd6bcbbe889cac.jpgwf3.thumb.jpg.c64cb84ecfa88f23edf7692fe267ffbe.jpgwf5.thumb.jpg.bba1f3afeb48d6669fc009a8b0190c8f.jpgwf6.thumb.jpg.7fb3927bf8cd6a5f876ad11abe46c9be.jpg

wf4.jpg

Edited by catman76

18 minutes ago, dm226 said:

So many SA DC covers are bad, but this is the worst Marvel. . clean.thumb.jpg.659db5caa11c9b4702728fe5108e11cf.jpg

Has time to say NO! HE's Deflected it (pause) right back at ME!
But not time to merely move.

Just to show that SA Marvel also had some dumb covers...

image.png.62087281962b839c940cde77065b108e.png

So here we have the Torch who on other occasions has been able to blaze up to "super-nova" heat (as if!) but now having his flame extinguished by a bit of dew! And other people besides Plantman don't let plants roam free...  when is the FF going to fight to liberate plants from slavery!?

8 minutes ago, Albert Thurgood said:

Just to show that SA Marvel also had some dumb covers...

image.png.62087281962b839c940cde77065b108e.png

So here we have the Torch who on other occasions has been able to blaze up to "super-nova" heat (as if!) but now having his flame extinguished by a bit of dew! And other people besides Plantman don't let plants roam free...  when is the FF going to fight to liberate plants from slavery!?

"Cant escape!  No way to merely....walk away-"

This cover is pretty dumb-that is not how buildings work-at all.
Also what is it a building for lilliputions or something??

262-1.jpg

9 hours ago, Hairless Wookiee said:

Namor.JPG

9 hours ago, valiantman said:

Where is the light source?  Nothing makes sense to light his chest and shadow his face. 

Is that Venom?

The new wave of artists from that time were so gifted that they could toss conventional theory to one side, producing work that, even three decades on, still looks like utter garbage.

Edited by Ken Aldred

5 hours ago, Randall Ries said:

"Pained Corpse Gripping" anyone? Cyclops really taking it in the pants here. I thought he had to lift his visor to shoot out his eye power malarkey. Does that help with the grieving process? Next time I lose a loved one, I'm on the front lawn with my glasses on my forehead while kneeling.

135054.jpg

135053.jpg

135050.jpg

135043.jpg

135051.jpg

The Renaissance Pieta pose is overused by cover artists.