• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Dumb Comic Book Covers

299 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

It was not. I like Action 419, but just barely. Only time I loved real life mixed with animation was "Who Framed Roger Rabbit". They tried it again with Ralph Bakshi in 1992(?) with "Cool World". Failed dismally.

Bakshi's animation in my opinion is the laziest, cheapest, most godawful animation ever produced.  Even the 60s Thor, hulk etc cartoons are better. :sick:

24 minutes ago, kav said:

Bakshi's animation in my opinion is the laziest, cheapest, most godawful animation ever produced.  Even the 60s Thor, hulk etc cartoons are better. :sick:

it's not so good. I handled it ok with The Hobbit. Cool World was bashed over and over again after being heralded as a Ralph Bakshi joint. He did himself no favors with that movie.

1 hour ago, Randall Ries said:

It was not. I like Action 419, but just barely. Only time I loved real life mixed with animation was "Who Framed Roger Rabbit". They tried it again with Ralph Bakshi in 1992(?) with "Cool World". Failed dismally. p14099_p_v10_aa.thumb.jpg.0a6c1ad26e2773866df4ef5de02ac6dc.jpg

Yeah not liking that one either. I meant ASM not Marvel, lol. 

On 6/3/2021 at 4:30 PM, kav said:

I dont see how Kneel Atoms could screw this up.  If I was drawing the pants I'd stop and say wait i just drew pants-
Sort of an automatic safety feature one would think.

not mention WHY is Raz Al Gul taking off Batman's costume?

1 hour ago, MattTheDuck said:

His "Lord of the Rings" was so bad it gave me cancer.

It was gross.  Wizards gave me *** cramps.

1 hour ago, kav said:

It was gross.  Wizards gave me *** cramps.

At the time, two of my close high school friends were reviewing movies for the school paper, and I'd tag along to all kinds of stuff.  "Tommy" and the like.  Once we saw a trailer for a movie that looked like it could be cool - it was called "Star Wars."

On 6/5/2021 at 11:50 AM, Artboy99 said:

not mention WHY is Ra's Al Gul taking off Batman's costume?

Yes. In spite of your implied desecrating a corpse homosexually innuendo, he is most likely picking it up from wherever Batman put it and taking it back to base camp as a trophy.

How did Joker get so gigantic on the cover of #251? How did he tack Batman to a playing card and why is he showing us? The REAL question in #251 is how did he get that shark into a tank?

On 6/4/2021 at 12:47 AM, Albert Thurgood said:

Just to show that SA Marvel also had some dumb covers...

image.png.62087281962b839c940cde77065b108e.png

So here we have the Torch who on other occasions has been able to blaze up to "super-nova" heat (as if!) but now having his flame extinguished by a bit of dew! And other people besides Plantman don't let plants roam free...  when is the FF going to fight to liberate plants from slavery!?

Every time I see that cover I keep thinking that Plantman has some really big hairy balls.

15 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

Cro Magnon Wolverine? I don't know if it'll catch on?

Cro magnon are just modern humans-us.  He looks neanderthal.