• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

9 Months of Ewert (Ejaenter) Data

182 posts in this topic

I think that approach is totally inadequate. Pull the books NOW. Get the free restoration/trim check from CGC NOW! And then put them back up for sale.

Red

Even a child of 5 could see this is the thing to do.

Somebody fetch a child of 5 please.

Ze

If I were operating ComicLink, I would pull those books in the blink of an eye.

How can you measure the minor profit to be made on those three or four books as compared to the potential damage to your company's reputation and perceived goodwill within the hobby?

It never ceases to amaze me what bad business decision go down in front of our eyes on a regular basis.

Josh, if you're reading this....pull the dang books....insist they go through the CGC check.....and then put them in your next auction once they have been cleared.

Public Relations 101.

Red

It never ceases to amaze me what bad business decision go down in front of our eyes on a regular basis.

I seem remember Pirate's story where CL took bad publicity for refusing to make good on a claim for less money than he will make on the Batman's. What is their thought process? It's claerly not the dollars. It's about emotional decisions.

Oddly enough, after posting relentlessly and almost daily for quite some time.....ronm3 fell silent on September 9, and has not posted publicly on the boards since then. The Comiclink auctions began September 10.

1401329-PwnedSlap.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I say we hunt Ron down and publicly flog his sorry hass.

Business decisions should not be made based on emotions.

After 25 years of cold calculating trading where I rarely (if at all) ever make an emotional decision I hear you. Unfortunately you are preaching to the choir. CL seems not to care as long as the checks show up.

Hey, Joe! hi.gif

Public flogging is really not the desired outcome here.

It's about getting a message across that this is simply not acceptable, if what we're reading here is correct.

The Ewert Debacle was a relatively major disaster in our hobby. CGC (and Brulato) made an offer to make things right.

It is totally not cool to try to make a profit off that situation, or to pass the buck to unsuspecting collectors.

Make it right Ron.

Red

Business decisions should not be made based on emotions.

After 25 years of cold calculating trading where I rarely (if at all) ever make an emotional decision I hear you. Unfortunately you are preaching to the choir. CL seems not to care as long as the checks show up.

But if that is indeed their strategy, then it is totally shortsighted.

If you want to keep the checks showing up, then you create a sense of total trustworthiness and build relationships with your customers that will keep them coming back........ over the long term.

I'm sure CL thinks about this. They have done alot of things right. To let a situation like this erode the confidence their customers have in them would seem foolhardy. The confidence and trust your customers have in you is worth it's weight in gold.

Just my opinion.

Red

With the "No Risk" offer currently in place to deal with "unknown" Ewert books (ie: either CGC or Brulato reimbursing the owner if there is a problem)… there really is NO good reason for ANYONE to: (at best: be lazy and assume/hope the books are OK) or… (at worst: not give a damn if they are trimmed or not and shirk you responsibility to potential unsuspecting new owners)

The Ewert Debacle was a relatively major disaster in our hobby. CGC (and Brulato) made an offer to make things right.

It is totally not cool to try to make a profit off that situation, or to pass the buck to unsuspecting collectors.

Make it right Ron.

Red

If I were operating ComicLink, I would pull those books in the blink of an eye.

How can you measure the minor profit to be made on those three or four books as compared to the potential damage to your company's reputation and perceived goodwill within the hobby?

Josh, if you're reading this....pull the dang books....insist they go through the CGC check.....and then put them in your next auction once they have been cleared.

Public Relations 101.

Red

DEAD ON!!! I mean...DUH!!!!...and that's intended for Comiclink, clearly not Hook yeahok.gif

truly baffles me, the business accumen (or lack there of) of the greedy screwy.gif

The Ewert Debacle was a relatively major disaster in our hobby.

just wondering. does anyone outside theses boards know about all this craap?

just makes me wonder if cgc's in house meetings sound something like this.....

"alright look. all we have to do is try and apeeze the friggin board members. no one

else knows or seems to give a craap about all this sheit."

"and by the way.....who's f-ing idea was the message board in the first place? cause your fired"

"alright look. all we have to do is try and apeeze the friggin board members. no one

"and by the way.....who's f-ing idea was the message board in the first place? cause your fired"

27_laughing.gif

CGC would take the boards down before they worried about "appeasing" anyone here.

A couple of points on the earlier speculation on RonM3:

At least two of the Ewert books currently offered on CLink were a part of a collection sold to RonM in Feb/Mar of this year by "Joker's Revenge". According to Joker's Revenge, he fully disclosed their status prior to finalizing the deal (see "Ethics in the Hobby" thread) . I followed those books closely, as it was a collection I was interested in at the time. Ron beat me to it. While I have kept my eyes open for these books - I saw Ron unload some on ebay a while ago - these books could have changed hands between Ron and CLink

In terms of my deal with Ron. I have been working on trying to recover my money on a restored Batman 47 since August of last year. Ron says he was unaware of my situation until June of this year at which point he asked me to return the book in exchange for a refund. Nearly three months later, he has had the book and the money for two months now and I have not heard from him since August 10th. On August 10, he agreed to issue a paypal refund one I sent an ID. I am sure that if asked, Ron would likely say that the refund is imminent.

A couple of points on the earlier speculation on RonM3:

At least two of the Ewert books currently offered on CLink were a part of a collection sold to RonM in Feb/Mar of this year by "Joker's Revenge". According to Joker's Revenge, he fully disclosed their status prior to finalizing the deal (see "Ethics in the Hobby" thread) . I followed those books closely, as it was a collection I was interested in at the time. Ron beat me to it. While I have kept my eyes open for these books - I saw Ron unload some on ebay a while ago - these books could have changed hands between Ron and CLink

In terms of my deal with Ron. I have been working on trying to recover my money on a restored Batman 47 since August of last year. Ron says he was unaware of my situation until June of this year at which point he asked me to return the book in exchange for a refund. Nearly three months later, he has had the book and the money for two months now and I have not heard from him since August 10th. On August 10, he agreed to issue a paypal refund one I sent an ID. I am sure that if asked, Ron would likely say that the refund is imminent.

This "Ron" needs a beat down, quite frankly 893scratchchin-thumb.gif...sounds like a real humane, fella 893naughty-thumb.gif