• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

9 Months of Ewert (Ejaenter) Data

182 posts in this topic

Hey CGC if you care about the hobby and mean what you say about cleaning up you should make this a sticky to help out the people who were scammed.

Dontchya think?

They really should. I just found out about it, and I'm trying to get my books organized and go thru them on this issue. The fact that I have to search the boards for info like this absolutely sucks. And a bump, too.

For those of you not receiving the GPA Newsletter, I suggest you sign up.

Not only will you find information and commentary (example: see below link) on subjects no one else (can or will touch) in the US for political and/or legal reasons, but there are some interesting articles contained within also.

Ewert Update: Join the Litigation vs. Jason Ewert. Easy to use "Click to Download" form to fill out and forward to either of the 3 lawyers

ummm, This must hae all occured during my few years out of the hobby. Can someone give me a quick paragraph of what the heck happened with Jason Ewert? From what I can gather, he was selling trimmed books as "untrimmed"?? 893whatthe.gif

Phil,

Yes, CGC determined that Jason Ewert was submitting books for several months that he had trimmed with new technology that was previously undetectable. They banned him for life. A list of books that Ewert sold on eBay during this period was posted on the Boards. CGC will review any books from this list for no charge and refund the submitter if it is found to be trimmed.

Phil,

Yes, CGC determined that Jason Ewert was submitting books for several months that he had trimmed with new technology that was previously undetectable.

To be more accurate, certain members of this board 'determined that Jason Ewert was submitting books for several months that he had trimmed'.

CGC didn't have a clue.

Phil,

Yes, CGC determined that Jason Ewert was submitting books for several months that he had trimmed with new technology that was previously undetectable.

To be more accurate, certain members of this board 'determined that Jason Ewert was submitting books for several months that he had trimmed'.

CGC didn't have a clue.

..but now with their new Trimcrometer all CGC has to do is point and click the spectral beam at a book and they can instantly tell if it's been trimmed or not,... yeahok.gif

Phil,

CGC didn't have a clue.

I'm surprised that those that brought the issue to light didn't receive a CGC award.

yeahok.gif

Phil,

CGC didn't have a clue.

I'm surprised that those that brought the issue to light didn't receive a CGC award.

yeahok.gif

Unlikely. I mean, Mr Schmell has just got one, hasn't he? For piecing together the best Marvel collection his clients' money could buy.

I think maybe their values are different from ours? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

So.... am I correct or incorrect in assuming that ronm3 is basically saying to every member of the boards and every unaware collector out there....

"Blow Me".

confused-smiley-013.gif

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Red