• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would love to see your Golden Age HARVEY COMICS! Whatcha got?
4 4

122 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, APDallas said:

It's so amazing the variety of comics HARVEY did. I wonder when they started putting their logo on the cover and when they went exclusively to kid comics and away from horror and superheroes.

I’ve said this before that Harvey was one of the only publishers after the CCA was established to continue to be allowed to use ghosts, witches and devils in their output. (Casper, Wendy and Hot Stuff)

1 hour ago, Jayman said:

I’ve said this before that Harvey was one of the only publishers after the CCA was established to continue to be allowed to use ghosts, witches and devils in their output. (Casper, Wendy and Hot Stuff)

You know you're right! Never looked at it that way.

30 minutes ago, APDallas said:

You know you're right! Never looked at it that way.

I’ll have to assume that the loophole was that these were “G” rated stories for kids. It does make me wonder however, if it was the publishers way of sticking it to them (the CCA) that they used horror elements and wording otherwise not permitted. Spooky, Nightmare, Ghostly Trio etc.

On 12/1/2023 at 12:21 PM, Paul (GG) © ® ™💙 said:

Reader just in....

njnnj.jpg

DSCN5619.JPG

DSCN5621.JPG

DSCN5623.JPG

DSCN5624.JPG

DSCN5625.JPG

In the fall of 1954 with the approaching CCA restrictions, several publishers including Harvey simply reprinted stories from some of their earliest issues.  This one reprints the stories from Tomb of Terror #1.  Here's my copy; notice the same story advertised on the cover.

Tomb Of Terror 1.jpg

On 6/16/2021 at 4:58 AM, gino2paulus2 said:

Speed Comics 38...Interestingly this issue/classic cover came out only a few short months after the iconic photo in Feb 1945 of the US Marines planting the flag in Iwo Jima!! 

5EA18883-5CCD-4EE9-A2FA-25E06629E77B.jpeg

631B3D50-D0E6-467A-B12F-A1C6D6EEF2FF.jpeg

Sweet Iwo Jima homage cover👍❤️