• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did everyone survive the blackout?
13 13

476 posts in this topic

On 8/28/2021 at 3:28 PM, Buzzetta said:

I just stopped listing things... and instead put a couple of things directly on facebook.

I get it ... free platform and all. 

I don't know if I would Andy Dufrense them though... 

They might just shut the place down as a solution. 

Several have already speculated that is their current intention.  

Make it such a mess that it lowers its users to the point they can say it is no longer a viable part of the new business model so they cant cut it. 

I really hope this is not the case. 

On 8/28/2021 at 1:28 PM, Buzzetta said:

I just stopped listing things... and instead put a couple of things directly on facebook.

I get it ... free platform and all. 

Kids!  Buzz is doing the shutdown thing again-

On 8/28/2021 at 9:28 PM, Buzzetta said:

I agree. I really don't think they care that much, if they did, it's not unreasonable to expect something which has dragged on for months, and is getting worse, to have been fixed by now.

If CGC is paying attention a shutdown would be a bad idea.  Everyone would move over to the CBCS board and then everyone would start thinking CBCS and well you know what happens after that.

On 8/28/2021 at 4:31 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Several have already speculated that is their current intention.  

Make it such a mess that it lowers its users to the point they can say it is no longer a viable part of the new business model so they cant cut it. 

I really hope this is not the case. 

I don't think that is the case.   They would not 'intentionally' make it a mess.  They would either turn the switch on or off. 

On 8/28/2021 at 4:33 PM, kav said:

If CGC is paying attention a shutdown would be a bad idea.  Everyone would move over to the CBCS board and then everyone would start thinking CBCS and well you know what happens after that.

Watson and Jessie O would probably let you last about two days. 

Which is about 47 hours more than expected. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 8/28/2021 at 1:34 PM, Buzzetta said:

Watson and Jessie O would probably let you last about two days. 

I get striked pretty fast over there.

On 8/28/2021 at 4:21 PM, skypinkblu said:

No, it's not...I was asked if I had any updates and I said I have not heard anything this week. I did tag @dena and @CCGmod2 the other day. Obviously things are busy now, but I'm hoping we will hear. 

I did start a thread in the mod discussion area stating that there have been many problems this week.  I haven't been around much this week, so if even *I* noticed them, they have to be frequent. 

Hopefully we will hear some kind of update soon. 

The last i heard they were working to fix things, but the fixes were complicated.   They don't want to lose past information, I was told that much. This makes it more complicated. 

Very glad to hear this is not the case. 

I greatly appreciate you taking time to reply to me as well as trying to find out the status of the issues/fixes. 

Thank you !:foryou:

On 8/28/2021 at 5:28 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Very glad to hear this is not the case. 

I greatly appreciate you taking time to reply to me as well as trying to find out the status of the issues/fixes. 

Thank you !:foryou:

I wish I could tell you more, but I just don't know more.

I am sure that with the changes and the workload and the new hires, that people are working on 12 things at once.  

I'm sure that none of the issues have been deliberate. That would make absolutely no sense and go against any information that anyone I know of has received.

Just to echo what Sharon has said, in offline dealings, CGC staff have told me that they value this forum very highly and are as frustrated as anyone with the performance issues which they say they are working hard to put right. 

I can't explain what prevents any CGC staff member from posting an update here - the continuing failure to do so breeds the kind of uncertainty and speculation seen in this thread I think - but they are all likely under extreme pressure as Sharon has said and maybe don't want to be drawn into lengthy dialogue about it all. 

Fingers crossed they succeed soon and return some much needed access stability to the site :wishluck:

On 8/28/2021 at 4:43 PM, skypinkblu said:

I wish I could tell you more, but I just don't know more.

I am sure that with the changes and the workload and the new hires, that people are working on 12 things at once.  

I'm sure that none of the issues have been deliberate. That would make absolutely no sense and go against any information that anyone I know of has received.

Thank you. 

I know everyone there has been busy. 

I greatly appreciate your time and reply. 

Thank you again. 

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite

On 8/28/2021 at 5:28 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Thank you. 

I know everyone there has been busy. 

I greatly appreciate your time and reply. 

Thank you again. 

You can thank her if you want!