• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signature required really??? WTH!!!
2 2

50 posts in this topic

thats what happens when youre a bizarro-you do opposite of all earthly things!
Crypt Of Wrestling: Bizarro Code

1 minute ago, James J Johnson said:

That's right. He could double negative stab and slash to his heart's content and there wouldn't be a mark on me!  ^^

Early on here in the COVID scare (we were lucky enough to never get the epidemic) signature confirmation became 'we need a picture of you with the parcel'. I thought that was a great compromise, but negative points because they always managed to catch me when I was half asleep and looking like death itself. 

It's been awhile since I've had a Sig Required parcel delivered to me, so not sure if that's still what they're doing, but I'd hope so. It was the perfect solution to me. 

Edited by Mecha_Fantastic

7 hours ago, kav said:

Yep or the fast food drive thru person.  Had a GF that was rude to drive thru girl-when GF asked me what I wanted I said "nothing".  She didnt believe me when i said they can spit on your food or do other things.  I just shrugged.  She was always being nasty to people-honked her horn at guy in crosswalk once and recieved nice huge dent in her new car.  
Read abt one guy who kept complaining abt mail carrier ended up on no delivery list-had to go to post office to pick up mail from then on.

reminds me of a girl i dated who everytime we went to a restaurant she had to specialty order every single item , it was almost insulting how in-depth she would make her requests..you could see the waitress eyes roll because it was ridiculous , 

FedEx gave you wrong information about not being able to redirect your package to a local hub. You just need to register for a FedEx account - I've done had things routed to be held several times and it's my preferred way to do things.

16 hours ago, anstettoman said:

anyone else have situations like this since covid began or has it always been like this???

I worked as a UPS driver helper this winter and signatures were not required. The diad screen would be marked CVD for covid and the driver would ask for last name. If no one was home we'd leave the door tag and try again. 

Edited by oldmilwaukee6er

16 hours ago, anstettoman said:

anyone else have situations like this since covid began or has it always been like this???

Yes, during the pandemic the only rules that really matter are the ones that the people in power say they matter. O.o

I've heard multiple stories about deliveries like this.

Unfortunately no call tag was left at the house for the first 4 attempts. Call centers are a waste of time I was told a supervisor would be in contact with me x2. (Never happened). Just frustrating where customer service has gone was it always this bad and I just didn’t notice or has a year of zoom meetings and being away from people changed our attitudes on things

59 minutes ago, anstettoman said:

Unfortunately no call tag was left at the house for the first 4 attempts. Call centers are a waste of time I was told a supervisor would be in contact with me x2. (Never happened). Just frustrating where customer service has gone was it always this bad and I just didn’t notice or has a year of zoom meetings and being away from people changed our attitudes on things

I had the same problem, told to stay home, I was home, they never rang the bell, said they left a call tag but they did not. I did get someone at fedex when I called after they were not here by 3pm and they did call the driver. When she came back, she said ..."Oh, I was going to try again at the end of my route. That made no sense. How would entering that you left a call tag when you did not mean that you were going to stop back?

I've had expensive packages that were signature required dropped at my door. Once my ring app said someone was at my door (they didn't RING the bell, the app recognizes motion) , I opened the door  only to see the Fedex driver waving at me as he walked down the path back to his truck. He said "don't worry, I left it in the corner for you". 

The post office says there have been lots of thefts, that people follow the usps truck and take packages.

15 hours ago, Qalyar said:

I've had the USPS drop off several registered mail shipments without getting signature confirmation (or even seeing a human) over the last year. That is not at all compliant with USPS policy for registered mail, but since nothing bad happened as a result, I've opted not to make a fuss.

Picking an unnecessary fight with your mail carrier is almost as dumb as picking a fight with your office janitorial staff.

Or the waiter bringing your food. :eek:

I can relate to the package drama. Since covid, security by the mail companies has been rather less than careful. I usually keep an eye online until it's imminent for delivery, otherwise it can be a lottery whether you get it or not.

Apart from the actual drop off problems the mail has gotten thru pretty well from USA to UK, and the other way too.

On the whole these people do a great job. They have to abide by their management directives and protocols.

19 hours ago, anstettoman said:

I had a Fed-Ex package of about $1500 worth of books - I think it was from Clink. Anyway, I got multiple email messages that it was going to be delivered on a specific day and required a signature. Well the day of delivery came and passed, and about a week later, they did the classic dump and run when I wasn't home. Couldn't even be arsed to place the package in the large parcel box that sits on my porch.

7 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

reminds me of a girl i dated who everytime we went to a restaurant she had to specialty order every single item , it was almost insulting how in-depth she would make her requests..you could see the waitress eyes roll because it was ridiculous , 

You must have enjoyed dumping her!  :banana:

Edited by G G ® ™
ytpo

4 hours ago, amatta said:

FedEx gave you wrong information about not being able to redirect your package to a local hub. You just need to register for a FedEx account - I've done had things routed to be held several times and it's my preferred way to do things.

Have you tried that with CGC since they changed their rules about redirecting? Because I have a private Fedex account and I couldn't do it the last time.

Just now, skypinkblu said:

Have you tried that with CGC since they changed their rules about redirecting? Because I have a private Fedex account and I couldn't do it the last time.

No, I cannot say that I have.

19 hours ago, anstettoman said:

After waiting a week from the 1st delivery attempt for my ebay win. Knowing that because of the value I would need to sign for the parcel and having missed the first 2 attempts my wife stayed home all day on the 3rd and fed ex was a no show. But their web site said delivery attempt was made and there was no one home. 

calling customer service was pointless as the call center can do nothing but apologize and tell you that the attempt will be tried the next business day. 

I asked if parcel could be held at my local fed ex hub, I was told no the only one who could request a change of delivery address was the seller. 

I was notified via email that parcel would be attempted Monday 6/14. Around 12pm today Saturday 6/12  fed ex showed up with the parcel and I did not need to show ID or sign for the parcel.  I asked why she didn’t want a signature while the seller paid for it she said it’s a covid thing and signatures are not required.

That would be a nightmare brrrrr...had simillar problem my asm 3 vol 1 4.0 ss stan lee cgc was delivered to a neighbor in jannuary on his back balcony  wtf?the box was wet but well sealed inside thanks cgc for well packed goods but damn i was mad about the postman:pullhair: