• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the weirdest thing you've found in a comic?

7 posts in this topic

I found a copy of Love Romances #43 from Atlas Comics in a dollar bin this weekend. I've never had a golden age romance book before so I figured why not. I open it up to check it out and what do I find but lipstick marks on the first page. I thought it was really funny and in a weird way it makes it a better book! I know what you're thinking though. That it was me that kissed the book. I can assure you that it wasn't me. I mean...I have kissed a book before but it was a long time ago and it was a near mint Uncanny X-Men 266. But who here hasn't kissed that book at least once? I mean, I'm only human.

What random weirdness have you found in a comic?

Love Romances.jpg

Kiss page.jpg

1 hour ago, Hairless Wookiee said:

But who here hasn't kissed that book at least once? I mean, I'm only human.

Is there an Empire Strikes Back quote anywhere in our future?

wookiee.thumb.JPG.4180981b4115444d1c98b6e7ad4e55cd.jpeg.08086a64caece5f7c925b5a432ae8908.jpeg

11 hours ago, Hairless Wookiee said:

Wait for it........"I'd just as soon kiss a wookiee!"

I can arrange that!

Don't worry about the old thread Hairless - it was ruined when admin inexplicably deleted all the historic laughter likes in an attempt to punish the usual small crowd who were abusing them. On this board, the needs of the many rarely trump the needs of the few. 

Hopefully some more people will join in here.

Still on your romance theme, I thought the original printed contents of this book were quite weird:

2009263941_RomanticStory85(Vol.1)November1966(12c).thumb.jpg.49780977a4b6ae232780fa9cb01775fc.jpg  276148872_RomanticStory85(Vol.1)November1966(12c)i.thumb.jpg.abcb09f15aaa54c054207394f0ab5e8c.jpg

Nothing screams romance like an appointment with the Fuhrer does it!  No original owner lipstick added anywhere you'll note, happily.