• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are some SA books that you want, but will probably never get?
3 3

60 posts in this topic

Here's what comes to my mind:

Adventure Comics #247
Detective Comics #225 <-- SA?
Our Army at War #83
Showcase #4, #8, #13, and #14
Superman #76 <-- Not really SA
Tales to Astonish #13
Thor #337 CGC 9.8 <-- Definitely not SA (thanks for the heads up!)

Edited by Math Teacher

X-Men 4; can't afford to buy one at this current moment, and by the time I will be able to, Doctor Strange 2 will most likely be out and it will have jumped out of reach.  Honorable mention to Hulk 181, but that's not an SA book so it doesn't count.

Never say never, but there's so much I want/need there's no way I can have it all.  My four large runs are ASM, AV, FF, JIM/Thor.  At the moment, I've decided I'm mostly interested in the first 100 issues of each.  I basically need AF15/ASM 1-16, 20-31 and a couple others (been whittling this down on the Boards/CL in recent months),  AV 1-21, FF 1-32, JIM 83-107.  So all the expensive stuff, some of which I can afford if I want to.  Right now I'm only spending in the $100s, not the $1000s.  I can probably only complete Avengers.  Maybe I'll get lucky at an Estate Sale :)

In addition, quality is a concern.  A lot of what I have is low- to mid-grade and I'd like to improve the average as I get new books, and upgrade when possible.

for my runs

Avengers 1 - 10

X-Men 1 - 5

TOS 39

Action 252

Edited by Azkaban

I have the big dogs, but it's going to be hard to pay up for the second tier. ASM 2, 3, FF 2, 3 and Hulk 2.  I used to own, and stupidly sold, nice copies of all of them. Pretty depressing what they go for now.

Upgrading my rag Showcase 4 probably isn't happening either.

12 hours ago, Math Teacher said:

Thor #337 CGC 9.8

Also not quite Silver Age haha

Ummm for me, ASM 1 and AF 15 are probably the biggest two I would love but have accepted the fact I might not ever own...barring finding them in some collection some day. I am not the type who can spend that kind of money on a book. However, if I bought a collection, I can justify spending that kind of money, knowing that a lot would be sold off to cover costs. I remain hopeful and luckily, there are still thousands of books I would love to own so I will focus on whatever I can afford and get for the best possible price and keep doing that. Maybe in 10 years, I look at a bunch of my stuff and say "man why do I have this" and try to sell to put towards one of those two books but right now, I love everything I have. 

Edited by comicginger1789

4 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

X-men 1 .  It's very sad.  

I traded my copy for some early Duck books.  It was a sad loss.  I think I was suffering from nutritional shortage at the time.

Edited by BB-Gun