• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

As you wait for CGC to grade your books - How do you feel when a daily email arrives announcing another private signing?
4 4

87 posts in this topic

I'm beginning to think that when you become employed by CGC, they remove your entire digestive system and the only way you can gain sustenance is through borg-like implants that they stick into you that tap directly into the angst generated on the boards. It would explain so much. 

I roll my eyes at Diego Luna, Sara Frazetta, and anyone else that is going to gummy up the lines...  Out of every signing they have had, I have participated in two.   I did the first McFarlane thing because... McFarlane.  I did the Eastman one because I hang around a boardie that religiously collects Turtles and the itch rubbed off on me to submit a book just because.   I have not submitted for any other signing and and do not plan to.

However, I usually send books down and the TAT's still give me pause to do so.   So.. no books sent. 

Edited by Buzzetta

1 hour ago, wiparker824 said:

Meh, maybe not a popular opinion but I always feel like anyone willing to spend $875 on a Jim Lee sign/sketch deserves the express treatment over me who sent in modern slow track books. I always look at is that’s part of what people are paying for in those fees. And I say that as someone who has never sent for a CGC signing event and currently has 75 books sitting somewhere at CGC. 

Nobody cares about the 50 people who might pay that for a sketch.  Be worried about the 2000+ who will pay $110 to have a scribble on their Wildstorm #47.

Even though I have participated in several of these. I still feel like a lot of these signings are just a huge tenor-4.gif.da449370e41bda27efdd6f7778a2c1e0.gif

When they can not get their TAT under control and the major issues getting past QC . 

58 minutes ago, Transplant said:

Nobody cares about the 50 people who might pay that for a sketch.  Be worried about the 2000+ who will pay $110 to have a scribble on their Wildstorm #47.

Thats still a lot more than the $22 someone else is paying to send in the Wildstorm 47 for grading without the scribble. At the end of the day you can send a book thru express without the scribble for about the same price as $110 you quoted and get it back sooner.

21 minutes ago, Transplant said:

THe Point When Over Your Head Right Over Your Head GIF - THePointWhenOverYourHead RightOverYourHead YouMissedThePoint GIFs

You don't think that driving people to pay for higher tiers may be a calculated business decision? Isn't that how capitalism works?

Edited by VintageComics

6 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

You don't think that diving people to pay for higher tiers may be a calculated business decision? 

What. 

Just now, VintageComics said:

Don't you mean 'What?' :baiting:

Sorry, fixed my typo.

Please don't fix this one:

8 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

Tony Starks' sock.