• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Promise Collection wins!
17 17

1,554 posts in this topic

wow! they say there isn't much difference between the 9's - well there is a LOT of difference between that 9.2 with a penciled in A (why wouldn't you just get that cleaned up on a 25k book?) and this 9.4 - look at the colours, the corners. Agree, that 9.2 was a bad bet with that soft corner.

On 6/1/2024 at 3:05 AM, SpidersComics said:

wow! they say there isn't much difference between the 9's - well there is a LOT of difference between that 9.2 with a penciled in A (why wouldn't you just get that cleaned up on a 25k book?) and this 9.4 - look at the colours, the corners. Agree, that 9.2 was a bad bet with that soft corner.

That penciled in A looks to be a distributor mark, it stays.:sumo:

On 6/2/2024 at 12:42 AM, tth2 said:

Remind me to never sell you a Church book.

Have no fear, I have deep pockets but very short arms...this whole level is well outside my comfort zone, happy buying, cleaning & reading my little silver age books!

But this topic is deeply interesting to me, I've spent my entire working life in finance and this market and the brilliant analysis by @MasterChief is riveting. Lots of similarities abound: time in the market is better than timing the market; purchase what you believe in and hold is safer than trying to buy the hot tip of the day and making a quick flip, etc.

On 3/7/2024 at 12:35 AM, tth2 said:

A mere 7% loss on a Promise book is like a 70% gain on another book! :applause:

This is a little bit TOO funny :roflmao: GOD BLESS ....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Mods Notified.

On 6/3/2024 at 2:06 PM, jimjum12 said:

Promise books were never investments to begin with, they are basically the Ultra Wealthy's version of a Boston Creme, albeit a decent one. Sorry. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I was told here on the boards that the promise collection would be the greatest ROI in the history of the hobby