• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC Super Giant #21 LOVE cover recreations by original artist Charles Armentano!
2 2

132 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

Thanks  (thumbsu

It's a 9.4 Western Penn, when I bought it almost 20 years ago it was the highest graded at the time.  Since then there's been a 9.8 and some 9.6's and multiple 9.4's as well.

Not that I was grade chasing back then, it's just a gorgeous book and I love high grade merch, but still there's a lesson contained within - when it comes to bronze and time...there are a lot of books out there

I consider this book along with Super DC #17 Love 1970 and DC 100 Page Spectacular #5 to be the “Triple Crown of the Bronze Age DC Romance Giants.” 

2 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Sadly this guy isn’t accepting offers. Lol. https://www.ebay.com/itm/154421561337?hash=item23f43e07f9:g:f30AAOSwW3pgfoze

The registry on that copy doesn’t do anything for me. There are great Don Rosa copies but that one isn’t among them in terms of registry.

4 minutes ago, bronze johnny said:

The registry on that copy doesn’t do anything for me. There are great Don Rosa copies but that one isn’t among them in terms of registry.

I own the 9.4 Oakland copy so I'm good with my copy.

I remember seeing this copy the first time it was displayed in SDCC in 2005 and I couldn't believe how horribly over-graded it was. 

That is not a nice copy. :screwy:

9 minutes ago, greggy said:

I own the 9.4 Oakland copy so I'm good with my copy.

I remember seeing this copy the first time it was displayed in SDCC in 2005 and I couldn't believe how horribly over-graded it was. 

That is not a nice copy. :screwy:

In the spirit of some of the Promise books that sold at the recent Heritage Auction.

1 hour ago, bronze johnny said:

I consider this book along with Super DC #17 Love 1970 and DC 100 Page Spectacular #5 to be the “Triple Crown of the Bronze Age DC Romance Giants.” 

yep

5 minutes ago, greggy said:

Suck it troll

You got me that time
:sorry:

Was this psychedelic style quite common in late Silver Age and early Bronze Age romance comics?

I recall Jim Steranko’s story having this appearance as well.

That’s the extent of my knowledge about the subject, feeble as it is.

Edited by Ken Aldred

21 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Was this psychedelic style quite common in late Silver Age and early Bronze Age romance comics?

I recall Jim Steranko’s story having this appearance as well.

That’s the extent of my knowledge about the subject, feeble as it is.

Not as common as one would hope... here’s another good one (pic borrowed from a sale on the boards in Feb.).

95EA9ADD-8B1E-422F-B380-1A38B3A4FFDD.jpeg

Edited by iggy