• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stockx selling comics now
3 3

23 posts in this topic

If people want to pay actual prices for a book, with just a stock photo, only described as "CGC graded", then... heck, I've got an awful lot of junky copies of awesome books that I should have been slabbing! :ohnoez:

Alternatively, this is nonsense. Most of the listings go to an "Oops" content missing page, at least for me....

So it sounds like you go in and select a book you want to buy, select the grade, and then post your highest bid.  A seller will come around, go "oh, i have that book" and is supposed to put their asking price.  The idea is that buyer and seller can see how far they are and work to meet in the middle without actually having to negotiate.  So the Silver Surfer above, apparently there are multipled people saying they're willing to buy a CGC 10 Silver Surfer #1 for $XX.XX

12 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

So it sounds like you go in and select a book you want to buy, select the grade, and then post your highest bid.  A seller will come around, go "oh, i have that book" and is supposed to put their asking price.  The idea is that buyer and seller can see how far they are and work to meet in the middle without actually having to negotiate.  So the Silver Surfer above, apparently there are multipled people saying they're willing to buy a CGC 10 Silver Surfer #1 for $XX.XX

A CGC 10:roflmao:

yeah I’m sure the book that doesn’t even exist in the census will be sold on stockx of all places and for a top current bid of 75.00… go ahead and put me down for $80 and I’ll throw in a couple pairs of really used new balance shoes

Edited by wiparker824

3 hours ago, Kevin76 said:

This is just to get outsiders into buying comics  

It is a great way to get other type of collectors into comics. I like Stockx for the ease of selling shoes and clothes. Funko's not so much since they have a flat base fee but shoes and clothes are easy to sell without dealing with the buyer or seller directly and returns. I can ship the item in any box I want since shipping labels and insurance are handled by stockx.

It made me happy to see that my Batman 404 in a 9.4 is worth $360 according to them though! I knew DC would catch up some day!

/sarcasm for those who can't tell I'm joking. Also, $360 BIN on a Batman 404 CGC 9.4 for those who can't tell I'm joking as well... First :takeit: wins.

Edited by Jesse-Lee

8 minutes ago, Jesse-Lee said:

You can get a 9.8 right now on eBay for $150, or a 9.4 for $50... they paid $110??

That's what I was thinking...

Had to look it up, 9.6's sell for $70