• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Pink helmets.
2 2

21 posts in this topic

This could be a great custom set in the registry.

Sadly I only have one to date. Curious as to how many Timelys have the Nazis portrayed wearing pink helmets.

Please post yours.

a.jpg

I made the thread in good faith....

I do genuinely want to see lots of pink helmets. I'm also curious why the nazis were portrayed in this way. Was it just on an inker's whim or was it by design to infer some cissy like quality on them?

16 hours ago, G G ® ™ said:

I made the thread in good faith....

I do genuinely want to see lots of pink helmets. I'm also curious why the nazis were portrayed in this way. Was it just on an inker's whim or was it by design to infer some cissy like quality on them?

I was thinking about that.  Why they chose to portray Nazis in pink.  I think it just goes the same route as the fang-tooth or buck-tooth Japanese covers.  Any way of characterization whereby the enemy is less than human so that it makes them easier to hate and kill.

58 minutes ago, Yorick said:

I was thinking about that.  Why they chose to portray Nazis in pink.  I think it just goes the same route as the fang-tooth or buck-tooth Japanese covers.  Any way of characterization whereby the enemy is less than human so that it makes them easier to hate and kill.

I had a girlfriend once who loved pink......hm

2 minutes ago, EC ed said:

Maybe it was just a Schomburg thing. I just checked all the EC war books, and there were no pink helmets :D

Yeah, I think it was just Timely that did it.  

On 6/25/2021 at 6:02 PM, G G ® ™ said:

This could be a great custom set in the registry.

Sadly I only have one to date. Curious as to how many Timelys have the Nazis portrayed wearing pink helmets.

Please post yours.

a.jpg

On 6/26/2021 at 5:42 PM, JimButlerGA said:

Here’s mine! Thanks for the heads up @sagii!

F8D80377-A4E9-4E92-9B96-B92D6F2D54D4.jpeg

56FBAB48-8A8C-4850-A468-F9A8C5E6D9B3.gif.d5c1364df3d93bd9cd532eea6c865f7d.gif

41 minutes ago, Yorick said:

I've never been a big fan of the cover, but Action Comics 35 has a pink helmet (April 1941).  I don't have one.

I'll think you'll find it's purple not pink.