• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where does CGC get first appearance information from?

69 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Fisionbomb said:

This from the OP with their super secret first appearance gold mine? *eyeroll*

Is that what you're so mad about? lol

I said that because I know for a fact eBay sellers lurk here, one mention of any character & they are off to raise their prices.  Doesn't matter what or who, as long as someone out there is talking about it, they raise prices.  I am not going to risk that just because you're throwing a tantrum.

I also said that because had I said nothing, I would have 10 pages of "who is it???"

So yea.  *eye roll*

Don't worry about it, there's no Marvel movie starring them.  I just like the character & want the CORRECT first appearance, not what CGC claims it to be, thus the thread.

4 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

Inflated prices, inflated egos, inflated tires. Sick of it all

I'm not that jaded yet lol but I cant stand the prices right now.  Egos & tires are fine for now.

Some of us are just buyers.  I had sellers raise their price because I negotiated with them.  I don't think they were doing it to be a ******* because it was pleasant, but they smelled interest & wanted to max the sale.

5 minutes ago, K.P.D. said:

You should try the Modern section for people who care about this carp, like Jessica Cruz or Punchline or Yara Flor or blah blah blah...

I'm in there, but yeah you got me, I'm into modern than GA or SA.

On 6/27/2021 at 1:36 PM, Sky1 said:

I would but didn't think they would listen to us mortals.  Thought they contact the publishers or have their own sanctioned investigative team to determine 1st appearances, lol

not true, i contacted them directly about certain books before submitting ....... after talking to them i told them (and they said okay) included a 1-pager from google, widi, marvel fandom, anything stating the comic 1st appearance with the comic and also hand typed it on the form......... low and behold the labels stated what i told them

i like to think i am responsible for Carnage 10 label - i wanted it to say 1st appearance of Raze soooooo bad cgc instead put xxxx becomes Raze ,, i was like huh? but okay

11 hours ago, Sky1 said:

I said that because I know for a fact eBay sellers lurk here, one mention of any character & they are off to raise their prices.  Doesn't matter what or who, as long as someone out there is talking about it, they raise prices.  I am not going to risk that just because you're throwing a tantrum.

Can this board affect the market? Of course. Is every random thread (like this one) likely to do so? Not at all.

11 hours ago, Sky1 said:

I just like the character & want the CORRECT first appearance, not what CGC claims it to be, thus the thread.

The best way to get to the truth is to discuss it with knowledgeable people.

17 hours ago, Fisionbomb said:

You really need some perspective on what "throwing a tantrum" is kiddo.

Hey look, do I go to any of your threads and state I'm pissed for no reason?  You gave me no context to work with other than your precious feelings.  What did you expect to happen honestly?  You're free to speak your mind, I don't care, but if you're gonna throw more tantrums at how I respond that's on you.  Wither I'm right or wrong, just come correct instead of looking for a slap fight.

15 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

Can this board affect the market? Of course. Is every random thread (like this one) likely to do so? Not at all.

I've seen alot of silly things raise prices & I didn't want to take a chance.  Every seller today have no problem raising prices for any reason & alot of them are pricing for the hypothetical future with NO problem playing the waiting game.  I can tell you that's the response I get so many times when I come at them asking for last sold or GPA price.

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if a seller did have the book I want, saw this thread, then raise their price because they know at least ONE person is actively looking for it.

15 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

The best way to get to the truth is to discuss it with knowledgeable people.

I hear you, but I got the answer I needed despite it.

Is the book hot?  No, it's not.  Do I want this because of speculation?  No.  If anyone thinks I'm hoarding this secret to become some comic book millionaire, you lost your mind.  You just need to go back to your FB feed & discuss why there's mind control implants in our peanut butter.  Bottomline, I'm jaded with prices & I am protecting myself; simple as.

Edited by Sky1

28 minutes ago, Sky1 said:

I hear you, but I got the answer I needed despite it.

Is the book hot?  No, it's not.  Do I want this because of speculation?  No.  If anyone thinks I'm hoarding this secret to become some comic book millionaire, you lost your mind.  You just need to go back to your FB feed & discuss why there's mind control implants in our peanut butter.  Bottomline, I'm jaded with prices & I am protecting myself; simple as.

:facepalm:

It's been over, but people needed to whine because they think I'm comic Nostradamus.  I love how I got folks to out themselves, the people making passive aggressive side way insults are more than likely the greedy *** ** ******* ******* ******* * *** *** **** ******* I am complaining about icu B|

To show I still got love for these streets, when I get the book, I'll find this thread and post who it was.

inb4 who cares...

^ (yea, that was kinda the point originally)

2 minutes ago, Sky1 said:

It's been over, but people needed to whine because they think I'm comic Nostradamus.  I love how I got folks to out themselves, the people making passive aggressive side way insults are more than likely the greedy *** ** ******* ******* ******* * *** *** **** ******* I am complaining about icu B|

To show I still got love for these streets, when I get the book, I'll find this thread and post who it was.

inb4 who cares...

^ (yea, that was kinda the point originally)

Congratulations on creating an entirely pointless thread. At least it was created where it belongs...

4 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

creating an entirely pointless thread

It wasn't for me, I got the answer(s) I needed.  And yea, newb questions belong in the newbie section, was I gonna post it in WTB?  Congratulations on posting a utterly pointless comment.

1 minute ago, Sky1 said:

It wasn't for me, I got the answer(s) I needed.  And yea, newb questions belong in the newbie section, was I gonna post it in WTB?  Congratulations on posting a utterly pointless comment.

Sure you did. (thumbsu Post poop and you'll attract flies.