• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Netflix's REBEL MOON PART ONE: A CHILD OF FIRE direct by Zack Snyder (2023)
4 4

241 posts in this topic

On 8/22/2023 at 2:09 PM, media_junkie said:

I really don't know much about what this will be about, but visually that looked amazing!   This will absolutely be a watch the 1st weekend it hits.

I have the same initial response. Hopefully there is more coming to help explain why I should watch it other than the visual effects.

4 films for 166 mil. 2 family friendly and 2 harder edged adult cuts. World building, franchise building, max IP.  Incredible live sets in addition to CGI, which has reached its peak and begun its decline as the favored content driver.

Kneel before Zach!   (worship) 

I cannot wait for these films. So excited. I love Snyder's films, and these seem particularly creative, even for him. I just get the sense he's REALLY into this one. Big talk, but I could do with a new Star Wars, the other one has been kinda ruined on the film front. 

Diamond Select Toys Reveals New Collectibles Based on Zack Snyder’s Rebel Moon

Diamond Select Toys have announced they’ve partnered up with Netflix to offer fans toys and collectibles based on Zack Snyder’s upcoming Sci-Fi epic, Rebel Moon.

Beginning later this year and into 2024, Diamond Select will launch various different products (statues, action figures, busts) based on the upcoming films. Today, they’ve offered a look at the first two figures that will launch: Jimmy and Nemesis.

RM_Nemesis_AF_02-1068x1994.thumb.jpg.c4c7d33fd3d58a482d3418c855a85ff6.jpg

RM_Jimmy_AF_02-1068x1587.thumb.jpg.03e0971d4b45ba1480987fa3b984198b.jpg

Press release:

Beginning in late 2023/early 2024, DST will release a variety of Rebel Moon products, including 1/10 scale action figures, Gallery Diorama PVC sculptures, and Legends in 3D ½ scale busts. The first series of action figures, which will be offered for pre-order on September 22, will feature Jimmy (voiced by Anthony Hopkins) and Nemesis (played by Doona Bae), followed in Series 2 by Kora (played by Sofia Boutella).

“What we’ve seen of Zack Snyder’s vision for Rebel Moon is amazing,” said Diamond Select Toys president Chuck Terceira. “We love sci-fi here at DST, so it was a no-brainer for us to go after what is sure to be one of the hottest sci-fi films of the decade. Our motto is ‘The Best of All Worlds,’ and we’re always looking for new worlds to explore!”

This looks to be the most generic film trailer I have ever seen. It is like the entire scifi genre jumped the shark in 3 minutes. We have:

1. Large Creatures based on small creatures

2. Taming the Space Creatures Avatar-style so you can ride them 

3. Epic ‘Dune’ Music

4. Voice Over by a well-known aged actor

5. Scrawny hiding-among-the-peasants royal underdog

6. Weird masks

7. Lots of incoherent screaming on the battlefield

8. Alien people with lightsabers

9. Space battles blowing things up in slow motion

10. The line: “I’m not looking for trouble here”

11. Desolate desert landscape

12. Super complex dark and shadowy cityscape

13. Royal funeral and a Gladiator-esque Caesar self-important leader type

14. An ‘Independence Day’ speech

15. Like, 20 different scenes with sunsets in the background

It’s like the leftover checklist of what he didn’t cram into ‘Sucker Punch’. I’m sure this was a video game or book or something, but I was somewhat surprised at how un-excited I was.

And I loved Sucker Punch, so I’m either too old for CGI Art House films, or there wasn’t enough strippers in this trailer.

On 9/10/2023 at 11:51 PM, Dr. Balls said:

This looks to be the most generic film trailer I have ever seen. It is like the entire scifi genre jumped the shark in 3 minutes. We have:

1. Large Creatures based on small creatures

2. Taming the Space Creatures Avatar-style so you can ride them 

3. Epic ‘Dune’ Music

4. Voice Over by a well-known aged actor

5. Scrawny hiding-among-the-peasants royal underdog

6. Weird masks

7. Lots of incoherent screaming on the battlefield

8. Alien people with lightsabers

9. Space battles blowing things up in slow motion

10. The line: “I’m not looking for trouble here”

11. Desolate desert landscape

12. Super complex dark and shadowy cityscape

13. Royal funeral and a Gladiator-esque Caesar self-important leader type

14. An ‘Independence Day’ speech

15. Like, 20 different scenes with sunsets in the background

It’s like the leftover checklist of what he didn’t cram into ‘Sucker Punch’. I’m sure this was a video game or book or something, but I was somewhat surprised at how un-excited I was.

And I loved Sucker Punch, so I’m either too old for CGI Art House films, or there wasn’t enough strippers in this trailer.

Oh really?

I have a feeling you never watched Cosmic Sin, one of the films that led to Bruce Willis receiving multiple Razzie nominations.

:flamed:

On 9/11/2023 at 9:23 AM, Bosco685 said:

Oh really?

I have a feeling you never watched Cosmic Sin, one of the films that led to Bruce Willis receiving multiple Razzie nominations.

:flamed:

Oh my. I'd never even heard of that movie.

Even with the grizzled veteran drinking at a bar, getting into a fight with the "young pups", an offer of reinstatement, hostile First Contact with an alien species and a worm hole with aliens on the other side - I think it has less tropes in the trailer than Rebel Moon. Plus, you can actually discern the point of the film, even if it's kinda generic:

Geriatric Soldier Helps Young Generation Save Humankind From Aliens.

I've watched the Rebel Moon trailer three times, and the whole concept is confusing - and they have three and a half minutes to establish it. Anthony Hopkins asks us if they had heard the story of Princess Esa(?) and how she brought peace, etc, etc. It's a story, myth and legend (his words) given to him by people he can't ever know (Totally ripped off from Star Trek TNG The Inner Light). Then we see a girl. She is called 'Stargiver' and something like "Charl of War" (Child of War? Who knows, the narrator is mumbling). Then a different character is talking about justice and revenge. Then another character is talking about defiance. Did the main girl character commit a crime that requires justice? Was she defiant towards somebody? 

"A king is a man and a man can fail...a myth is indestructible..." etc etc. Is this a story about a King? His daughter? Is the girl in the movie Princess Esa? Is this the story of the legend we were told about at the beginning of the trailer? Who's the black dude leading the revolution? Are you willing to die for what you believe? WHAT IS THIS MOVIE ABOUT EVEN :ohnoez:

Zack Snyder’s ‘REBEL MOON - PART ONE: A CHILD OF FIRE’ has been rated PG-13 for sequences of strong violence, sexual assault, bloody images, language, sexual material and partial nudity.

The film, starring Sofia Boutella, Charlie Hunnam, Michiel Huisman, Djimon Hounsou, Doona Bae, Ray Fisher, Cleopatra Coleman, Jena Malone, Fra Fee, Ed Skrein, Corey Stoll, Cary Elwes, Ray Porter, and Anthony Hopkins, will release on December 22.

Edited by Bosco685

On 11/4/2023 at 10:32 AM, Bosco685 said:

Waiting on Mike to review a separate thread. But for now...

Netflix is building out this universe even larger.

Something new they can cancel. 

Alright. I'm in.