• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Showcase #4 CGC 9.6

132 posts in this topic

I have heard that the 9.6, while extremely nice, is actually a 9.4 and is essentially the same as my 9.4. The fact that it was graded 9.6 has me scratching my head.

Steve

Steve;

Your statement indicates that your copy is probably due for a resubmit and a possible upgrade to a 9.6.

Feel like paying the grading fees and rolling the dice on this? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Or Steve, I hear there's a guy good at trimming books to bump up the grade! wink.gif

Or Steve, I hear there's a guy good at trimming books to bump up the grade! wink.gif

893whatthe.gif

I know yer kidding, but seriously, if somebody was about to trim a Showcase #4 9.4 and I knew where they lived, I'd probably drive to their house and chain myself to a tree or something in protest.

resubmit!!

resubmit!

resubmit!

cmon, everybody - - -

Go Ahead, Steve! RESUBMIT!!

no matter what the label of the slab says, it won't make the book any nicer shy.gif

My guess is that it's not for sale because Steve likes it acclaim.gif

I have heard that the 9.6, while extremely nice, is actually a 9.4 and is essentially the same as my 9.4. The fact that it was graded 9.6 has me scratching my head.

Steve

Steve;

Your statement indicates that your copy is probably due for a resubmit and a possible upgrade to a 9.6.

Feel like paying the grading fees and rolling the dice on this? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What if it came back a 9.2? I'd leave it like it is.

According to the conspiracy theories circulating on another thread right now, if a BSD like Metro resubs a book, there's no "rolling the dice" about it. gossip.gif

Might as well give it a shot because the 9.4 and 9.2 copies probably dropped in value when they assigned the 9.6 grade.

Might as well give it a shot because the 9.4 and 9.2 copies probably dropped in value when they assigned the 9.6 grade.

Well, as long as Goldman continues to ask $300K for the 9.6, it might as well not even be in existence.

Well, as long as Goldman continues to ask $300K for the 9.6, it might as well not even be in existence.

What do you think is reasonable for this book?

What do you think is reasonable for this book?

Haven't really thought about it, since it'd be out of my price range regardless. But definitely something south of $300K, maybe even south of $200K. Even the 9.6 AF 15 wouldn't go for $300K.

Actually I wouldn't agree with that at all. We are only talking one additional copy. Look at how many AF #15 and Spiderman #1s there actually are, even at HG, and the prices keep climbing. And I have no doubt there are still many more undiscovered HG Spideys out there while the likelihood of more HG Showcase #4s from 1956 showing up is slim at best.

In any event, the differences in price between the 9.2 vs 9.4 vs 9.6 are probably so significant that they will not negatively impact each other. To the contrary, it could be the opposite. Frankly, I was pleased it was a 9.6 b/c at $300,000 it makes my 9.2 at $125,000 seem far, far more reasonable and affordable! headbang.gif