• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ringling Contest Label
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Pardon my ignorance, a pic of the label will be nice, otherwise the only Ringling I think I was ever aware of was Barnum and Bailey....

But that can't be right lol

8 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Pardon my ignorance, a pic of the label will be nice, otherwise the only Ringling I think I was ever aware of was Barnum and Bailey....

But that can't be right lol

I honestly thought the same thing too...I was like...where are the clowns??? Then I saw this beautiful label from an art school contestant and used it for Marvel Spotlight vol 2 #6. All the contestants had nice labels. I want to do Marvel Spotlight vol 2 #7 too which would be stunning together. I hope they don't remove it anytime soon. 0205_OBV.thumb.jpeg.d4b0609436ed2a6161bc5bb2280cd6ae.jpeg

0205_REV.jpeg

6 minutes ago, John Worley said:

I honestly thought the same thing too...I was like...where are the clowns??? Then I saw this beautiful label from an art school contestant and used it for Marvel Spotlight vol 2 #6. All the contestants had nice labels. I want to do Marvel Spotlight vol 2 #7 too which would be stunning together. I hope they don't remove it anytime soon. 0205_OBV.thumb.jpeg.d4b0609436ed2a6161bc5bb2280cd6ae.jpeg

0205_REV.jpeg

Oh ya that's nice. :)

Closest I reckon that is to a Dave Stevens type or planet comics lol

But I'm a novice, still, it does look good!

I am so disappointed that I missed both the first and second series of Ringling Labels.  @John Worley how did your book turn out?  Any pictures?

I was looking for a thread about all of these labels, but this is the only one that popped up in my search.  I think CGC made a mistake by choosing three VERY similar label designs for the Ringling Competition "round 3".  All three look as if they were drawn by the same student.  Not bad, but all are of a "cartoony" childish style.

On 7/11/2023 at 7:55 PM, bobotski said:

image.thumb.jpeg.e6b947783cec0d1202f78344fd3ee59a.jpeg

Bastian does some really fun stuff and this is no exception.  Armored Narwhal?!  Crazy imagination.

That was a good Ringling Label. 

On 7/14/2023 at 6:46 PM, Toz said:

So does this mean people will now be chasing labels?????

I'd grab one if the label matches up aesthetically with the book.  I imagine there are plenty of collectors who chase labels (and not just for the number in the top left corner).