• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Issues Relating to The 19th July 2021 Site Update
5 5

67 posts in this topic

I missed the rocket ships. However, we did get a message from Dena the other day. She apologized for being scarce. I can imagine how busy stuff must be with all the news.

They are working with Invision to fix the problems. We told her about the 500 errors, she said it would be passed on if they didn't know about it and then, later that afternoon, I noticed an unannounced "update". 

So hopefully this is all part of the big FIX.

Someone had voiced a concern about their blogs being in danger if there are changes and she said the "blogs are valuable" and they want to preserve them.

So hopefully, the "Sky is not falling" with the new changes and that's all I know.

On 7/19/2021 at 1:04 PM, skypinkblu said:

They are working with Invision to fix the problems. We told her about the 500 errors, she said it would be passed on if they didn't know about it and then, later that afternoon, I noticed an unannounced "update". 

So hopefully this is all part of the big FIX.

The 500 errors have not gone away since the update, FYI.

I got about 50 of them between 11:00 and 1:00.

On 7/19/2021 at 1:11 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

The 500 errors have not gone away since the update, FYI.

I got about 50 of them between 11:00 and 1:00.

I know they haven't, I got 2. I'm not  refreshing every 2 minutes though. I kind of check in as I wander by in the midst of something else. 50 is more than I've gotten n the past month. I'm going to give it another day or so and send another reminder Wed if it doesn't get better, so feel free to let me know (anyone) if you think it's better, worse or the same. You can post here.

Edited by skypinkblu

On 7/19/2021 at 7:10 PM, skypinkblu said:

I know they haven't, I got 2. I'm not  refreshing every 2 minutes though. I kind of check in as I wander by in the midst of something else. 50 is more than I've gotten n the past month. I'm going to give it another day or so and send another reminder Wed if it doesn't get better, so feel free to let me know (anyone) if you think it's better, worse or the same. You can post here.

It's the same for me. I get a 500 error with every second or third action within the same time period every day, including today. Sometimes I have to refresh the page several times to clear it. If today's update was designed to solve it, it hasn't worked - yet.

On 7/20/2021 at 1:35 AM, comicdonna said:

My moderator badge got moved.   :taptaptap:

It could've been worse, they could have outed you as a lumberjack or something :)

It looks like the processing has finished updating, and these things are still here on our profiles:

donna.thumb.PNG.803fa288c3d7b9521ee54c5cba1f53fc.PNG

Any chance you could message the admins to see if they would reconfigure them into oblivion? :wishluck:

Unless everybody likes them of course. 

On 7/19/2021 at 9:02 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

:D

adam3.thumb.PNG.ee3a5c8d3a5c52f0c02312c400b690a4.PNG

Posts that made sense                                                     Total number of posts

^^

On 7/20/2021 at 9:34 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

20210720_032650.jpg.a1f1cf88b7afbd28aecd89562d5243c7.jpg

Exactly. I've always thought it would be fun to see what members would choose to have as their board titles were it down to them. What would you choose for yourself if you could replace that TOTAL NEWBIE you're now stuck with for all eternity?