• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Gal Gadot Private Signing
3 3

109 posts in this topic

On 7/20/2021 at 9:14 PM, Beige said:

She clearly doesn't need the money, so you would have to wonder why she's even doing this?

It's always about the money.

1% fan give back. 

On 7/20/2021 at 11:14 PM, Beige said:

898661009_IronMan282SS9.8.jpg.69f890e186d9b1c719a7a7d51b357760.jpg

Sadly, I believe the sigs will be auto-penned in different positions. Hence the huge fee for personalisation. Even then - will it even be Gadot that does it? These 'private' signings are just to easy to manipulate. At least at a Con, you see it in person.

I had not even considered this. Great point. If not an actual threat, then perhaps an idea for the future.

It's a double edged sword, isn't it. As a collector and lover of comic art, many want to be/feel validated by the general public. The problem becomes when that happens, there will be a lot of people who see nothing but dollar signs. Including many new or even long time collectors.

Frankly, I don't think there are as many people who think we are "geeks" or "Nerd" or "losers" as we may believe there are. Most #1 movies these days are comic book related or children's fare. So, they get it. It's just how to keep the wolves from our personal doorsteps that is the problem. People who take advantage or offer something like this behind closed doors.

Full disclosure would be nice. And not something I would bet on in the future.

On 7/21/2021 at 3:41 PM, wiparker824 said:

Not gonna lie, I’d pay for a CGC signing and sketch from this elephant. 

Dumbo Remarked :)

848474481_s-l1600(1)_LI.thumb.jpg.bad74c70db2bbe7eec9c275e56e47294.jpg

On 7/20/2021 at 12:41 AM, HotKey said:

Strong move by blackstone to show they have their finger directly on the pulse. 

😎

It seems that way, doesn't it? They may be the reason behind all of the signings that have been appearing over the last year or so.

It's way more profitable to slab a book AND get a sig fee for the same book than it is to just slab a book so I'd expect a non-stop push on signings from here on out.

On 7/21/2021 at 3:12 PM, VintageComics said:

It seems that way, doesn't it? They may be the reason behind all of the signings that have been appearing over the last year or so.

It's way more profitable to slab a book AND get a sig fee for the same book than it is to just slab a book so I'd expect a non-stop push on signings from here on out.

And it also makes sense to offer them with quick turnaround times to draw you in. They wouldn't care what it does to TATs for people with books already in. 

On 7/21/2021 at 10:53 AM, jsilverjanet said:

Don't hate the player, hate the game

Well, that is my point. I have nothing against Gal Gadot. I have something against high prices and a murky, veiled signing. Being a fan means something. She already has more money than God and that was fan supplied. I bet her take of the gate is about 25% and the rest goes to grading, slabbing and CGC coffers. She didn't set those terms outlined here. At some point I have to say "I'm out." Don't need anyone's signature that much.

And just for the sake of apples and oranges, here is the ebay page featuring what her sigs are selling for via dealers who have likely marked them up to a degree. Not exactly wallet burners:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=gal+gadot+signed&_sacat=0

On 7/20/2021 at 10:46 PM, Randall Ries said:

Just my take of course but I always felt GA comic books should be no sign books. Like Ben Affleck signing a Bat #9 or something like that. That to me is defacement and a really short sighted thing to do. A golden age book will still be awesome 80 years from now and Gal Gadot will be either a footnote or forgotten.

I thought about this when I posted that and I knew someone would point it out lol.  The thing is, this copy is already in pretty poor shape and not really a key, and I liked the idea of encasing it with a sign.  But you have a point.  I'm not sending it in anyway

Gal Gadot is hot on top of hot on top of a chocolate sundae.  But there's only a handful of celebrities I would pay for to have their signature on my comics...

-  William Shatner

-  Leonard Nimoy

-  Mark Hamill

***Maybe Ryan Reynolds...but I don't know if I would want it on a New Mutants 98 CGC 9.8