• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best return service?
1 1

16 posts in this topic

We get daily UPS drop-offs at my work. The driver is a big time card collector. I brag about my comic collection & he brags about his card collection. Sometimes we trade sob stories...he sold his Mahomes rookie card for $2,000 a few years ago. Epic fail!

On 8/4/2021 at 2:08 PM, Gaard said:

We get daily UPS drop-offs at my work. The driver is a big time card collector. I brag about my comic collection & he brags about his card collection. Sometimes we trade sob stories...he sold his Mahomes rookie card for $2,000 a few years ago. Epic fail!

I have a couple sob stories myself

So I received my very first CGC graded comic today!

It was an X-Men #1.

I am out of town for work, but my roommate told me that today, the doorbell rang.... and he found my box laying on the stoop.

So FED EX... had the audacity to completely disregard the fact it required a signature... and not only that, forged a signature themselves (since the tracking shows it was signed by someone).

My roommate had plans to go out for the day at 11am... The package was delivered at 10:04am, thank god...

Because a comic valued $10k-15k+ (it was graded 2.5) could've been on my stoop all day for anyone to steal.

Such a horrible experience knowing the WHAT IF....   I have 3 more comics being delivered Tuesday and I'm worried what will happen if no one is home to receive them that day if my local Fed Ex drivers don't give a mess about signature confirmations.

Anyway, done venting.

-SD

In my experience FedEx rarely honors signatures, but you can reschedule package delivery to a safe place if you aren't going to be home on the delivery date so I'll still be using them.

Personally I defer to FedEx. I'm in Washington State so these have to travel across the country and I've had the fewest delays with FedEx. Both state signatures required but both have "signed on my behalf" pretty much every time the last few months. 

On 8/6/2021 at 7:37 PM, SuperDave08 said:

It was an X-Men #1.

I am out of town for work, but my roommate told me that today, the doorbell rang.... and he found my box laying on the stoop.

So FED EX... had the audacity to completely disregard the fact it required a signature... and not only that, forged a signature themselves (since the tracking shows it was signed by someone).

My roommate had plans to go out for the day at 11am... The package was delivered at 10:04am, thank god...

Because a comic valued $10k-15k+ (it was graded 2.5) could've been on my stoop all day for anyone to steal.

Such a horrible experience knowing the WHAT IF....   I have 3 more comics being delivered Tuesday and I'm worried what will happen if no one is home to receive them that day if my local Fed Ex drivers don't give a mess about signature confirmations.

Anyway, done venting.

-SD

Have had bad service and heard bad things about FedEx, guess that's what happens when you pay very low wages.

On 8/6/2021 at 7:37 PM, SuperDave08 said:

It was an X-Men #1.

Anyway, done venting.

-SD

I would prefer to use USPS all the time ..but not reasonable unless it's a high value item ($ 38 is too much unless it's a few thousand value). I ship and receive hundreds of packages a year with USPS and rarely do I have issues. My postal carrier knows me and never leaves a package on my porch if it's supposed to be signed. CGC receives thousands weekly with USPS delivery and they even have a USPS station inside their building..why cant they have regular USPS priority that costs as much as it does to ship to Florida (from seattle it's 15.20 priority...mycomicshop.com has no problem doing this when I receive slabs from them). The fed ex and ups services that CGC requires are no better than priority ...and priority is much faster and cheaper...and you can still require a signature. 

Edited by Ed Hanes