• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bad week in terms of comic collecting
4 4

126 posts in this topic

On 8/5/2021 at 2:22 PM, sd2416 said:

The SME 15 the spots on the after picture, dont appear on the before.  Lots of "new" defects for a pressed book.  Possibly not the same book.  
Like it was said previously, may be why you were told to not tell the presser.  

Bingo.  OP, Give us his name and I'll send Bo down there with his xmen 4 3.0 for a press and regrade as a test. I  know that book like the back of my hand.  

Edited by Wolverinex

I'm late to the game on this one, but as I look at the before and after pics of the SME 15, there are some differences that make it seem like two different books. I highlighted them in the attached pic. Could just be the image quality, but I see these differences in all the pictures. Any chance the presser could have switched books?

PSX_20210805_141923.jpg

On 8/5/2021 at 2:33 PM, Motor City Rob said:

I'm late to the game on this one, but as I look at the before and after pics of the SME 15, there are some differences that make it seem like two different books. I highlighted them in the attached pic. Could just be the image quality, but I see these differences in all the pictures. Any chance the presser could have switched books?

PSX_20210805_141923.jpg

sherlock holmes GIF

On 8/5/2021 at 2:33 PM, Motor City Rob said:

PSX_20210805_141923.jpg

giphy.gif

On 8/5/2021 at 6:47 AM, Funnybooks said:

That MS corner??? How does that happen (shrug)

@Galen130 ever happen with your presser?

Nope.  But then again, I don’t have high value books like this.  If he sees a problem with a book, he tells me.  Normally that doesn’t happen though.  He just lets me know if a book will benefit from a clean/press, he doesn’t ‘pre-screen’…per se.  The books are then sent directly to CGC…or at least they used to be.

Edited by Galen130

On 8/5/2021 at 2:39 PM, Wolverinex said:

One of the comic shops in my area has a really terrible reputation but they do guerrilla marketing and essentially drown out all bad feedback online ...What ever  shady thing u can think about,  they do.

Most certainly a place I wouldn’t spend my money at. 

OP the 2 pics of the spider woman book are the same pic.

as far as kung fu maybe 2 different books.  hard to tell because of blurry first pic.  Give us full clear pics of both books front and back.  
If this was me and an LCS swapped books on me I would confront LCS owner and demand books back.  If they said no I would say I am suing in small claims and I am also standing outside your shop for 3 hours a day handing out flyers with a description and pics of his actions as well as contact presser to let him know what he is doing with presser's rep.

Screenshot 2021-08-05 11.44.18 AM.png

Screenshot 2021-08-05 11.44.31 AM.png

Edited by kav