• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Happy 60th Birthday to Fantastic Four #1, The Birth Of The Marvel U
2 2

51 posts in this topic

On 8/8/2021 at 6:58 PM, Artboy99 said:

i have the entire run in comic form. I wonder if they ever released a trade of it?

Yes, at least in omnibus format. V2 is horribly out of print and incredibly expensive on the secondary market.

On 8/8/2021 at 7:24 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Yep, 60 years ago today Fantastic Four #1 hit shelves, marking a change in comics forever, and the start of the Marvel revolution. Celebrate with your favourite covers, or just funny stories and anecdotes! 

Happy birthday FF.  Greatest run in comics.

One last post for today. Cool date stamp on this copy I saw on HA.

Screenshot_20210809-001424_Chrome.thumb.jpg.724061166f047b324cbae39df7f7d0f3.jpg

Just imagine - those kids (and adults) who picked this up off the stands 60 years ago and in the weeks thereafter enjoyed a good sci-fi/superhero story with no real idea how it would change the course of comicbooks and later multimedia and the world.

Happy birthday F4! Thanks Jack and Stan.

On 8/9/2021 at 4:08 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

I still want to know where Reed's ropes came from. The monster sure didn't have them. No one else was bothering them. Was it Sue being kinky at an inopportune time? 

Interesting idea.

Possibly something nerdier, though, such as a tether for space walking.

On 8/9/2021 at 6:57 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Interesting idea.

Possibly something nerdier, though, such as a tether for space walking.

Sadly, this does ring truer than the other options. Damnit, Reed. 

In a way, I'm kind of jealous of 'em. When I discovered The FF in the early 70s, I was a teeny bopper. Now I'm a couple years shy of 60, and they haven't seemed to age that much. I do remember Johnny going to college back in the 60s. Has he even graduated yet?

On 8/10/2021 at 6:42 AM, Gaard said:

In a way, I'm kind of jealous of 'em. When I discovered The FF in the early 70s, I was a teeny bopper. Now I'm a couple years shy of 60, and they haven't seemed to age that much. I do remember Johnny going to college back in the 60s. Has he even graduated yet?

I think when he went supernova on the campus and did some damage they kinda ended that storyline pretty definitively. 

Edit: FF #371. 

Edited by Mecha_Fantastic

Looking at the iconic cover always made me wonder why Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were there?  Also why was the cop doing the funky chicken? hm