• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite Covers of the Golden Age, what’s yours?
4 4

80 posts in this topic

On 8/22/2021 at 9:28 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

@Cat-Man_America here’s your book and here’s the Promise Collection book. It looks like they were printed one right after the other. The missing green off the sleeve and pant leg of the lower right soldier is the same.

image.jpeg

178CD989-E3EB-4DE6-BF18-EEFD0BCE6D58.jpeg

True, I noticed that as well, these are production flaws, clearly defined printing run errors on both books. 

Now look at the color on the green jacket of the Japanese flyer lower left hand corner of the 9.8 Promise book ...and there's the rub (grin). 

This is why I didn't post anything in the discussion of Promise book grading.  

Note: The color pop & detail on my 9.2 copy is somewhat better than these iPad shots suggest.  I went back to my files to adjust the image below closer to what I'm seeing in hand; this particular book doesn't scan well due to inner-envelope glare (the faint yellowish hue is the iPad photograph; the white areas on the cover are the same as the grade box which is white)...

Spoiler

(edited)_302cf366-ecaf-4916-9324-f30bc82d12ab_zps5bvnjk2p.jpg.302369db1db471e544ab71f01d4ea221.jpg

:tink:

Edited by Cat-Man_America
Ale, and file addition.