• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exposing FRAUD And DECEPTION - A Must Watch!
18 18

1,299 posts in this topic

On 9/17/2021 at 12:56 AM, Domo Arigato said:

It's not on the cellophane....it's on the inner casing

Assuming you are correct, what does that negate from the issue, which is he received a previously sealed game he submitted with a tear in the back, and writing on the inner part of a tamper evident case?  I don't think anyone here would minimize an issue of the same happening with a comic coming back in this manner. And it's happened that people have received incorrect comics from their submission, comics getting damaged, and the whole quality control issue has been brought up in the past, most being based on legitimate gripes. The manner he's presenting it aside (and I understand, not everyone is a fan of it even when someone posts on the boards, so I'd imagine the visual presentation in a video format would have the same reaction, if not worse, because now instead of flattering angles in pics shared in a post, you start to undermine the intent because the opening is off camera, etc.) but consider he had been told the tear was already there, even before he received the game back. But I don't even think it's the same game he submitted, based on the area of the tear, the residue outline of the removed sticker, and the type of sticker (security sticker). If this was a mistake, its one thing. But keep in mind, people have received incorrect books from their submission - and the majority being a completely different book than the one they submitted, in error. Sending it to the wrong customer is a headache enough, especially if one of the books is worth considerably more than the one they received.

However here, the optics look much worse when someone supposedly sent in a factory sealed game with a price sticker for cleaning, and got a botched removal of a seemingly different example of the same game. It's akin to sending in a NM Hulk 181 with MVS intact, and the comic you get back is returned to you in a green label with an MVS missing, and "Recieving" written in marker on the inner well. How does it make any of this better knowing the writing is on the inner case and not on the seal or comic?

Edited by comicwiz

On 9/17/2021 at 7:13 AM, comicwiz said:

Assuming you are correct, what does that negate from the issue, which is he received a previously sealed game he submitted with a tear in the back, and writing on the inner part of a tamper evident case?  I don't think anyone here would minimize an issue of the same happening with a comic coming back in this manner. And it's happened that people have received incorrect comics from their submission, comics getting damaged, and the whole quality control issue has been brought up in the past, most being based on legitimate gripes. The manner he's presenting it aside (and I understand, not everyone is a fan of it even when someone posts on the boards, so I'd imagine the visual presentation in a video format would have the same reaction, if not worse, because now instead of flattering angles in pics shared in a post, you start to undermine the intent because the opening is off camera, etc.) but consider he had been told the tear was already there, even before he received the game back. But I don't even think it's the same game he submitted, based on the area of the tear, the residue outline of the removed sticker, and the type of sticker (security sticker). If this was a mistake, its one thing. But keep in mind, people have received incorrect books from their submission - and the majority being a completely different book than the one they submitted, in error. Sending it to the wrong customer is a headache enough, especially if one of the books is worth considerably more than the one they received.

However here, the optics look much worse when someone supposedly sent in a factory sealed game with a price sticker for cleaning, and got a botched removal of a seemingly different example of the same game. It's akin to sending in a NM Hulk 181 with MVS intact, and the comic you get back is returned to you in a green label with an MVS missing, and "Recieving" written in marker on the inner well. How does it make any of this better knowing the writing is on the inner case and not on the seal or comic?

I wasnt correcting him....I was correcting you.  Although, it all circles back to how capable, honest, and trustworthy this guy is.

If he's not capable of determining, with the game in hand, where the writing is located....when I can easily......and from a compressed YouTube video.....then what else is he incapable of?  

And I'm not convinced it's a different game.  It's possible, and it would definitely be an issue that needs to be addressed and fixed, but I don't see enough evidence either way for that.  And if it is his game, he certainly couldn't see under that sticker to know if it was already torn or not.  So there's no hard evidence there.

So where does that leave us?  Forgetting his horrendous acting job for a second, and assuming the guy is honest and pulled this game out of the box like that.....it leaves us with a game that was sealed with a "defective" inner holder and needs to be sent in for a free reseal.  Yawn.  I've had to do that myself when I received a game back with scuffs in the inner holder. 

The only difference is.....I didn't go on YouTube and try to impress my old drama teacher with it.  Which goes back to the fact that I'm not quite buying into his dramatic reaction.  The fake laugh and then taking a stiff drink.  It's like he's been watching too many bad movies and this is his audition tape that's going to "wow" them in Hollywood.

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 9/17/2021 at 8:39 AM, Domo Arigato said:

And I'm not convinced it's a different game.  It's possible, and it would definitely be a an issue that needs to be addressed and fixed, but I don't see enough evidence either way for that.  And if it is his game, he certainly couldn't see under that sticker to know if it was already torn or not.  So there's no hard evidence there.

I don't have time at the moment, but look carefully how the Target sticker on the before lines-up with the Nintendo logo. Now look at the after (botched sticker), and note where the tear is, and that WATA supposedly told him was already there (which is nowhere to be seen in the before), and you will see that it would have been visible in the before pic because that tear is outside of the area where the sticker would have been. If I have time later, I'll juxtapose the two for comparison, but when you see where the residual outline of where the sticker was on the botched (after) sticker removal,it can't be the same game. Again, hard to know for certain, but the appearance of that Target sticker does not look like it's covering a security tag, but the latter would only be possible without inspecting the game in hand before the sticker was removed. Too late now to know for certain. But based on the residual outlines footprint, shape and dimensions, I'm not even sure the sticker that was once on that torn example he got was even a Target sticker.

Edited by comicwiz

On 9/17/2021 at 8:03 AM, comicwiz said:

I don't have time at the moment, but look carefully how the Target sticker on the before lines-up with the Nintendo logo. Now look at the after (botched sticker), and note where the tear is, and that WATA supposedly told him was already there (which is nowhere to be seen in the before), and you will see that it would have been visible in the before pic because that tear is outside of the area where the sticker would have been. If I have time later, I'll juxtapose the two for comparison, but when you see where the residual outline of where the sticker was on the botched (after) sticker removal,it can't be the same game. Again, hard to know for certain, but the appearance of that Target sticker does not look like it's covering a security tag, but the latter would only be possible inspecting the game in hand before the sticker was removed. Too late now to know for certain. But based on the residual outlines footprint, shape and dimensions, I'm not even sure the sticker that was once on that torn example he got was even a Target sticker.

I'll take another look at the residual sticker outlines on the after picture later today, when I'm back on a computer. 

As for the tear and the small differences there.....my thinking was that the tear might already have been present under the sticker and got a little larger as they tried to remove it.  But who know?  What I do know is that area looks absolutely horrendous now.  Some of those security stickers are no joke.

On 9/17/2021 at 9:19 AM, Domo Arigato said:

As for the tear and the small differences there.....my thinking was that the tear might already have been present under the sticker and got a little larger as they tried to remove it.

Yes same here at least initially, that's why I think juxtaposing the two beside one another might reconcile this because from my observation, it appears the outermost area of where the tear begins is in an area (again, using the left-most end of the Nintendo logo printed on the back of the game as a guide) still falling outside of where the Target sticker was previously. So in other words, at the very least, the beginnings of any pre-existing tear would have been seen in the before pic.

On 9/17/2021 at 9:41 AM, comicwiz said:

Yes same here at least initially, that's why I think juxtaposing the two beside one another might reconcile this because from my observation, it appears the outermost area of where the tear begins is in an area (again, using the left-most end of the Nintendo logo printed on the back of the game as a guide) still falling outside of where the Target sticker was previously. So in other words, at the very least, the beginnings of any pre-existing tear would have been seen in the before pic.

Naw, it's definitely the same game, and the tear is definitely under the sticker.  Here's the initial image, note that the copyright dates are all covered, and most importantly, the circle over the Nintendo logo is also covered.

404550671_ScreenShot2021-09-16at1_55_06PM.thumb.png.d551ad9ac3d5b9f3cdde8ad35144f243.png

Here's the damage.

842100694_ScreenShot2021-09-16at1_55_30PM.thumb.png.ebdb0908faa492a1a85191dc85a5975a.png

So I overlaid the two images in Photoshop and drew the edge of the label on, then circled the tear in blue.

19268373_ScreenShot2021-09-16at1_55_06PM.thumb.jpg.6a7b49b7113435909c91f489449fb6b5.jpg

On 9/17/2021 at 8:41 AM, comicwiz said:

What I was saying was that the tear might have been present under the sticker and completely hidden by it.  But in the process of removing the sticker, the tear could have became a bit larger end then extended beyond where the edge of the sticker used to be.  That's assuming the tear is currently beyond where the edge of the sticker was in the before image.

On 9/17/2021 at 2:38 PM, jaybuck43 said:

Naw, it's definitely the same game, and the tear is definitely under the sticker.  Here's the initial image, note that the copyright dates are all covered, and most importantly, the circle over the Nintendo logo is also covered.

404550671_ScreenShot2021-09-16at1_55_06PM.thumb.png.d551ad9ac3d5b9f3cdde8ad35144f243.png

Here's the damage.

842100694_ScreenShot2021-09-16at1_55_30PM.thumb.png.ebdb0908faa492a1a85191dc85a5975a.png

So I overlaid the two images in Photoshop and drew the edge of the label on, then circled the tear in blue.

19268373_ScreenShot2021-09-16at1_55_06PM.thumb.jpg.6a7b49b7113435909c91f489449fb6b5.jpg

This is the image and angle I'm trying to examine:

rounded-edge.thumb.jpg.bda6e422f2faa2613f853d38145fb806.jpg

I used the green arrows to accentuate two areas - the top, shows the kind of contrast you would expect after lifting something from the cellophane, and if you noticed, it's a significantly rounded edge. The bottom green arrows are meant to highlight some of residual adhesive. I also drew in a dotted yellow line to show the absolute outer boundary assuming what we are seeing in the cellophane is an artifact of lighting. Look closely at the artwork of Snorlax's ear and arm, particularly how much it extends from the dotted yellow line.

before-pic.thumb.jpg.45abfb7cc497084a5635d7ccf35fc846.jpg

Now compare it with the amount of art visible in the before pic. Also, the sticker does not have the same rounded edge as seen above. Now it's less than ideal to pluck out images from a video, and to be able to get them at just the right angle to confirm that these aren't artifacts of lighting or photography. In less than ideal circumstances, it's hard to be certain, but that's what stuck out from watching the video, and what led me to consider this might not be the same game.

Edited by comicwiz

On 9/17/2021 at 6:05 PM, comicwiz said:

This is the image and angle I'm trying to examine:

rounded-edge.thumb.jpg.bda6e422f2faa2613f853d38145fb806.jpg

I used the green arrows to accentuate two areas - the top, shows the kind of contrast you would expect after lifting something from the cellophane, and if you noticed, it's a significantly rounded edge. The bottom green arrows are meant to highlight some of residual adhesive. I also drew in a dotted yellow line to show the absolute outer boundary assuming what we are seeing in the cellophane is an artifact of lighting. Look closely at the artwork of Snorlax's ear and arm, particularly how much it extends from the dotted yellow line.

before-pic.thumb.jpg.45abfb7cc497084a5635d7ccf35fc846.jpg

Now compare it with the amount of art visible in the before pic. Also, the sticker does not have the same rounded edge as seen above. Now it's less than ideal to pluck out images from a video, and to be able to get them at just the right angle to confirm that these aren't artifacts of lighting or photography. In less than ideal circumstances, it's hard to be certain, but that's what stuck out from watching the video, and what led me to consider this might not be the same game.

Your boundary cannot be right, it clearly extends further.  Your boundary line, if extended further south, would cut through the K in Game Freak.  The word "is" would be clearly visible if the yellow line is the outer boundary.  Take a look at the last picture, no words are visible out of the sticker.  The views he shows in his video were too zoomed in, you can't get a view of the far end of the right side, because he was focused on the rip on the left.  (note the snorlax hand and ear.)

On 9/17/2021 at 8:12 PM, DustinL said:

Isn't there a video game forum? Or is this an attempt to get peeps to cross over?

Such a reasonable question.    Yes, there are more appropriate places to discuss this. The chicken littles would have you believe that these allegations are somehow going to impact the value of their junk. 

(I didn’t say it made any sense !  )

Anyone got $430,000 laying around to purchase this "sealed" Sonic the hedgehog?

https://goldinauctions.com/1991_SEGA_Genesis__USA___Sonic_the_Hedgehog__Seale-LOT110230.aspx

Top is smashed in, bottom front is CLEARLY slit, but hey it's a 9.4 with an A seal.  Gotta go fast!

(O and clearly there's no issue of the company that grades video games and the company selling video games to be owned by the same corporate entity.  No conflict there right?)

On 9/21/2021 at 10:45 PM, jaybuck43 said:

https://goldinauctions.com/1991_SEGA_Genesis__USA___Sonic_the_Hedgehog__Seale-LOT110230.aspx

Top is smashed in, bottom front is CLEARLY slit, but hey it's a 9.4 with an A seal.  Gotta go fast!

(O and clearly there's no issue of the company that grades video games and the company selling video games to be owned by the same corporate entity.  No conflict there right?)

Hey now least they showed a photo so you knew it was garbage instead of not disclosing it was on the top of the box with no mention or image like another auction house :baiting:

On 9/21/2021 at 10:45 PM, jaybuck43 said:

In case this is still too confusing for some who might think you are secretly promoting video games to comic collectors :facepalm: - PSA parent Collectors Universe, recent owner of Goldin Auctions AND on the heels of its recent acquisition of WATA games, sells a Sonic Hedgehog for $430K. The game received a 9.4, "A" seal grade, and has a tear in the seal and a crunch at the very top of the box. Not even a mention of it anywhere in the description.

Also posting for posterity, because who knows how long the listing and link will be there:

SOnic-tear.thumb.jpg.ac4f59f3a2f184990e15ab9506a73439.jpg

Sonic-top.thumb.jpg.a1e1d24ed0bf347cd53794eb085bdcb2.jpg

Sonic-top2.thumb.jpg.cc2bd14ddfc24fcecea1cd35525b3e3e.jpg

image.thumb.png.4ce9822290ba19a56fe3a7c77aed6146.png

Edited by comicwiz

Do you ever stop to ask questions before concocting new conspiracies?    Early Genesis games are sealed with a big empty oval space up top.   Sometimes that slides down over the top of the box.    That is all you are seeing there at the top and anyone collecting genesis for more than five minutes knows that.    As for thr bottom, there has been a QC issue with respect to inner blisters .   Some have torn.   That’s probably what you’re looking at.   

Consider asking a question or two next time.  

On 9/22/2021 at 7:03 AM, Bronty said:

Do you ever stop to ask questions before concocting new conspiracies?    Early Genesis games are sealed with a big empty oval space up top.   Sometimes that slides down over the top of the box.    That is all you are seeing there at the top and anyone collecting genesis for more than five minutes knows that.    As for thr bottom, there has been a QC issue with respect to inner blisters .   Some have torn.   That’s probably what you’re looking at.   

Consider asking a question or two next time.  

I saw the pictures earlier and thought about responding similarly......but then thought better of it.

There are just too many people out there spreading misinformation that don't really know much about the hobby and aren't really interested in learning about it or getting to the actual truth.

On 9/22/2021 at 8:35 AM, comicwiz said:

GFY. (thumbsu

How about you do that while spinning on some rusty nails instead, you holiday turkey.   Grab a clue and shut up when you don’t know what you are talking about before your ignorance broadcasts itself like usual .

On 9/22/2021 at 8:36 AM, Domo Arigato said:

I saw the pictures earlier and thought about responding similarly......but then thought better of it.

There are just too many people out there spreading misinformation that don't really know much about the hobby and aren't really interested in learning about it or getting to the actual truth.

He asked how to use the block function a few pages back, and still doesn't know how to use it apparently. I take into consideration the source when they can't even figure out something as simple as that. lol

On 9/22/2021 at 8:38 AM, comicwiz said:

He asked how to use the block function a few pages back, and still doesn't know how to use it apparently. I take into consideration the source when they can't even figure out something as simple as that. lol

Yeah I’m still seeing your messages even though you’re on my block list.   I guess garbage is impervious to the filter

Edited by Bronty