• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exposing FRAUD And DECEPTION - A Must Watch!
18 18

1,299 posts in this topic

On 9/22/2021 at 8:42 AM, comicwiz said:

Or you're magnificently stupider than anyone can comprehend.

See?   This is what I love about you Joe.   When you cast a false accusation and are shown to be completely wrong, you sure own it.

On 9/22/2021 at 8:45 AM, Bronty said:

See?   This is what I love about you Joe.   When you cast a false accusation and are shown to be completely wrong, you sure own it.

You went on with a string of comments, asking for "help" on how to block me. You got advice, and still can't figure out how to use it. How else should I see your difficultly in using the block function?

It isn't that hard. At least not for the rest of the boards. lol

Edited by comicwiz

@Bronty @comicwiz

For two obviously intelligent guys, and entertaining as it might be for others to watch, you two are making yourselves look really stupid here. If you don't mind me saying. 

On 9/22/2021 at 7:38 AM, comicwiz said:

He asked how to use the block function a few pages back, and still doesn't know how to use it apparently. I take into consideration the source when they can't even figure out something as simple as that. lol

Come on CW.......I know you have a background in toys, but don't you have a pretty extensive background in video games too?

It's not unusual for the tops of those Genesis boxes to look like that, and is obviously considered production related and not deducted for.....or at least not much.  And the first thing I thought of when I saw the bottom tear was that it looked like a defect in the inner blister and not on the game or its wrap.

Are people really so desperate to tear down a hobby (that most of them aren't involved in) that they're willing to throw away their ability to look at things objectively?

It's disappointing.......especially in a forum like this that should know better.

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 9/22/2021 at 8:49 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

@Bronty @comicwiz

For two obviously intelligent guys, and entertaining as it might be for others to watch, you two are making yourselves look really stupid here. If you don't mind me saying. 

I’ve put up with 60 pages of his lies man.   Enough is enough.

On 9/22/2021 at 8:49 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

@Bronty @comicwiz

That might be your observation, but the levels he's stooping to defend this is eye-opening. I merely posted screenshots to validate @jaybuck43's post, and I'm the stupid one. And that the other person you tagged, who asked for your advice on how to block, somehow still can't figure out how to use the block function, and went after me for posting. Should be apparent what's really going on here.

On 9/22/2021 at 8:51 AM, Domo Arigato said:

Come on CW.......I know you have a background in toys, but don't you have a pretty extensive background in video games too?

It's not unusual for the tops of those Genesis boxes to look like that, and is obviously considered production related and not deducted for.....or at least not much.  And the first thing I though of when I saw the bottom tear was that it looked like a defect in the inner blister and not on the game or its wrap.

Are people really so desperate to tear down a hobby (that most of them aren't involved in) that they're willing to throw away their ability to look at things objectively?

It's disappointing.......especially in a forum like this that should know better.

How do you defend the tear though? Assuming this happened post-grading, as I've said before in this thread, in any other collectible category, the item would be pulled because the grade is no longer valid. No one would risk the reputational hit of trying to sell a toy or comic when it degrades or is damaged inside the slab, so why is this still going on with WATA graded games?

On 9/22/2021 at 7:55 AM, comicwiz said:

How do you defend the tear though? Assuming this happened post-grading, as I've said before in this thread, in any other collectible category, the item would be pulled because the grade is no longer valid. No one would risk the reputational hit of trying to sell a toy or comic when it degrades or is damaged inside the slab, so why is this still going on with WATA graded games?

As I mentioned in the post you quoted........but obviously didn't fully read.

The first thing I thought when I saw the tear on the bottom was that it looked more like a defect in the inner case WATA uses to slab the game......and not on the game or its wrap.

Bronty had mentioned.....and I've seen evidence of it too......that WATA has had quality control issues with their game blisters (inner wells), which I believe they get from overseas.  They've been having to work with what they get, because the pandemic has interrupted their supply chain and has delayed their ability to even slab certain sized games for months at a time in some cases.  The inner case blister was likely either torn when they used it and should have been caught but wasn't......or it tore after it was shipped out.  

Either way......the game likely just needs a reholder.  It's not a big issue and I've had it done to a game before.  WATA will pay for shipping both ways and will put the game in a new case at no charge.

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 9/22/2021 at 9:06 AM, Domo Arigato said:

As I mentioned in the post you quoted........but obviously didn't fully read.

The first thing I thought when I saw the tear on the bottom was that it looked more like a defect in the inner case WATA uses to slab the game......and not on the game or its wrap.

Bronty had mentioned.....and I've seen evidence of it too......that WATA has had quality control issues with their game blisters (inner wells), which I believe they get from overseas.  They've been having to work with what they get, because the pandemic has interrupted their supply chain and has delayed their ability to even slab certain sized games for months at a time in some cases.  The inner case blister was likely either torn when they used it and should have been caught but wasn't......or it tore after it was shipped out.  

Either way......the game likely just needs a reholder.  It's not a big issue and I've had it done to a game before.  WATA will pay for shipping both ways and will put the game in a new case at no charge.

If we can agree this needs to be recased/reholdered, my main issue is this isn't a 15K vinyl cape Jawa with brown spots on the cape that is no longer an AFA 85, and should really be listed at $6 or $7K, or a $30k GS X-Men 1 with a crunched corner from shifting in a CGC slab that no longer has any business being sold as a VF/NM comic - this hammered at $430K. Even if we are going to use comparisons of items degrading or being damaged inside a holder - and that's certainly a high probability here since it was graded in Feb 2019 - there should be some standard of vetting going on before they are listed to inspect and ensure the grades are still valid given the apparent values they are attaining.

On 9/22/2021 at 2:41 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:
On 9/22/2021 at 1:49 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

If you don't mind me saying. 

I do mind. :sumo:

No, that doesn't work PooPiece. By italicising 'do', you indicate that you have understood my comment to be directed at you - I say "If you don't mind" and you retort "I do". But it wasn't directed at you. If you had italicised the 'I' in your comment however, and said "I mind", then that would have made sense as a response to my comment as you would be acknowledging that it wasn't directed at you but pointing out, as you joined in the discussion, that you minded even if the other two did not. 

Now, did I spell anything wrong there?

On 9/22/2021 at 10:14 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

No, that doesn't work PooPiece. By italicising 'do', you indicate that you have understood my comment to be directed at you - I say "If you don't mind" and you retort "I do". But it wasn't directed at you. If you had italicised the 'I' in your comment however, and said "I mind", then that would have made sense as a response to my comment as you would be acknowledging that it wasn't directed at you but pointing out, as you joined in the discussion, that you minded even if the other two did not. 

Now, did I spell anything wrong there?

*italicizing
*italicized

>:(

On 9/22/2021 at 8:29 AM, Bronty said:

Goof

A5F57FAF-1D11-4DF7-AE56-28A48C729192.jpeg

My understanding is that part of the reason for WATA to come into existence was because they take into account the quality of the seal, where as VGA factors it into its assessment but doesn't specify.  So for instance, your Contra may have been a 95 or 100 but got hammered for the slippage,  Yet WATA gave that Sonic an A grade on its seal with the slippage plus the pulls on the top of the cellophane.  The bottom damage also looks like it was cut, not damage to the inner seal, but who knows.   

On 9/22/2021 at 8:03 AM, Bronty said:

Do you ever stop to ask questions before concocting new conspiracies?    Early Genesis games are sealed with a big empty oval space up top.   Sometimes that slides down over the top of the box.    That is all you are seeing there at the top and anyone collecting genesis for more than five minutes knows that.    As for thr bottom, there has been a QC issue with respect to inner blisters .   Some have torn.   That’s probably what you’re looking at.   

Consider asking a question or two next time.  

So if this were to be regraded it would have the same 9.4 A seal?

On 9/22/2021 at 9:23 AM, comicwiz said:

If we can agree this needs to be recased/reholdered, my main issue is this isn't a 15K vinyl cape Jawa with brown spots on the cape that is no longer an AFA 85, and should really be listed at $6 or $7K, or a $30k GS X-Men 1 with a crunched corner from shifting in a CGC slab that no longer has any business being sold as a VF/NM comic - this hammered at $430K. Even if we are going to use comparisons of items degrading or being damaged inside a holder - and that's certainly a high probability here since it was graded in Feb 2019 - there should be some standard of vetting going on before they are listed to inspect and ensure the grades are still valid given the apparent values they are attaining.

What the actual bleep are you even talking about?    A high chance it was damaged in the holder since it was cases in 2019?   

Do you understand the concept of evidence?    Have you heard what happens when you assume?    You have literally no basis for anything you’ve said in relation to this game.    Your real beef as it drops from your post is what Has been clear from the start.   Your real beef is that it sold for 430k. Get over it you freaking baby.   Yes it’s worth more than your low grade trimpe hulks.   Deal with it.

Edited by Bronty