• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Missed the window to sell MOKF run?

11 posts in this topic

I've decided to take on a big venture and start a new run so I'm looking at possibly selling off my full MOKF run for a little cash. This includes Special Marvel Edition 15 raw, approximately a 7.0 - 7.5.  Seems like the movie is being widely predicted to tank from what I've seen so I'm wondering if it's too late to sell and make decent profit now that the movie is about to drop to not so much excitement. I really wouldn't want to sell for under $1500 which may have been possible months ago but not looking so good now. 

Just curious on opinions. Basically weighing if it's best to just sell now assuming it will continue to lose value or wait and see if the character picks up some steam and will have a future in the MCU and gain value. 

As far as the run I'm looking at starting, also probably terrible timing... Looking to build a Journey Into Mystery run. I currently have JIM 83 and 85 so the hardest two are out of the way at least I guess. I don't see the JIM books dropping anytime soon though so no real benefit in waiting to start. 

Edited by serling1978

Looks like I got my answer from an ebay auction that ended tonight. Seller listed his run as being NM (that never happens on ebay right?) and it went for $1226.  A lot of my run fillers are definitely not NM. Guess I'll just keep them unless the value magically skyrockets anytime in the next few years. 

On 8/29/2021 at 9:07 PM, serling1978 said:

Looks like I got my answer from an ebay auction that ended tonight. Seller listed his run as being NM (that never happens on ebay right?) and it went for $1226.  A lot of my run fillers are definitely not NM. Guess I'll just keep them unless the value magically skyrockets anytime in the next few years. 

I will sell something at a loss if there is something in the wings of greater interest. Selling something I paid $100 on for $80 and then using the $ 80 to buy something that will one day be valued at $200 is not what I call a loss .... more of a strategic retreat. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

... going down with the ship is not always the way in matters of business. 

FWIW, I still have my MOKF run, but don't have much in it. 

On 8/28/2021 at 2:16 PM, serling1978 said:

Seems like the movie is being widely predicted to tank from what I've seen .... 

At 91% Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes with 122 reviews in?  If you mean that the film might be lackluster financially because C-19 is keeping a lot of people from going to back to the theaters, then, sure, that's possible.

On 8/30/2021 at 10:06 AM, zosocane said:

At 91% Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes with 122 reviews in?  If you mean that the film might be lackluster financially because C-19 is keeping a lot of people from going to back to the theaters, then, sure, that's possible.

I haven't been this excited about a movie since John Carter ... and I LOVED John Carter. I've already had Covid twice and been vaccinated once... so if the theater is open, they're getting my money :cloud9: GOD BLESS ....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 8/28/2021 at 3:52 PM, adampasz said:

I don't think you'll get $1500, but I would sell now. Prices are still way up since the beginning of the year. If you want to hedge your bet, keep the MSE 15, and sell the rest of the run.

Just my 2 cents. I am not a financial adviser.

but did you stay at a Holiday Inn last night :bigsmile: