• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bad Idea PINS (1st inline/1st to buy/still didnt get em)
1 1

69 posts in this topic

On 9/2/2021 at 10:50 AM, juniorMC said:
Just had a bad experience with bad idea comics.  Yesterday morning September 1, 2021I purchased Monster Kill Squad 1 and Pyrate Queen at BEYOND COMICS 18749 N Frederick Ave, Gaithersburg, MD 20879 at 10am.  I was the first one in the door and the first one to purchase these books.  I asked for the 2 pins.  I was told they didnt come in yet.  After a pause I noticed the guy wasn't saying anything, so I said well can I get them later.  He said sure just call back and we'll save them for you.  I said ok.

I called this morning September 2, 2021 at approximately 1010 am to inquire about the pins.  I was told someone bought them before you.  I said nah, I was the first in the door amd first to purchase, he said they were purchased through an ON LINE SALE.  I just thanks and hung the phone up.   IM PISSED.  The email I received says the pins were only to be gotten from physically being in the store to purchase the book.  I would like to know why I didnt get the pins from this store if I was the first to make the in store purchase. I pre ordered the from another store.  I called that store and was told the forat person showed up and already got the pins.  I said, but I pre ordered them a few days ago.  He said yea, but I had to physically be here to purchase. I said yea, that's what I thought and that was the end of the conversation.  

So there's something shady goin on here and I have no problem blowin this thing up through social media cause I just got screwed.  

Does anyone have any recourse I can take.  I've already stated my case to the bad idea contact email.  I played the game by the rules.  And I want my d@%n pins.  I earned em

So what happened

On 9/2/2021 at 7:50 AM, juniorMC said:
Just had a bad experience with bad idea comics.  Yesterday morning September 1, 2021I purchased Monster Kill Squad 1 and Pyrate Queen at BEYOND COMICS 18749 N Frederick Ave, Gaithersburg, MD 20879 at 10am.  I was the first one in the door and the first one to purchase these books.  I asked for the 2 pins.  I was told they didnt come in yet.  After a pause I noticed the guy wasn't saying anything, so I said well can I get them later.  He said sure just call back and we'll save them for you.  I said ok.

I called this morning September 2, 2021 at approximately 1010 am to inquire about the pins.  I was told someone bought them before you.  I said nah, I was the first in the door amd first to purchase, he said they were purchased through an ON LINE SALE.  I just thanks and hung the phone up.   IM PISSED.  The email I received says the pins were only to be gotten from physically being in the store to purchase the book.  I would like to know why I didnt get the pins from this store if I was the first to make the in store purchase. I pre ordered the from another store.  I called that store and was told the forat person showed up and already got the pins.  I said, but I pre ordered them a few days ago.  He said yea, but I had to physically be here to purchase. I said yea, that's what I thought and that was the end of the conversation.  

So there's something shady goin on here and I have no problem blowin this thing up through social media cause I just got screwed.  

Does anyone have any recourse I can take.  I've already stated my case to the bad idea contact email.  I played the game by the rules.  And I want my d@%n pins.  I earned em

Call bad Idea and tell them this LCS is pulling hijinx.  They may send you the pins.

On 9/10/2021 at 12:23 AM, wombat said:

Did they even take your name down so they knew who to give them to?

They didnt take my name down, but when I called the store the next morning I was told the pins were given to someone who placed a phone order.  Just to let u know when i purchased the books the day b4 I was told that the pins didnt arrive with the book shipment.

On 9/10/2021 at 1:11 AM, juniorMC said:

They didnt take my name down, but when I called the store the next morning I was told the pins were given to someone who placed a phone order.  Just to let u know when i purchased the books the day b4 I was told that the pins didnt arrive with the book shipment.

Well, that should have been a pretty big warning they were just lying. They wouldn't even know who to give them to. 

On 9/3/2021 at 6:01 AM, juniorMC said:

Wasn't in writing, but the guy did tell me they didnt come in yet and when he didn't say anything after that I'm like well can I get them later.  He said yea we'll save them for you.  Then I called the nx day and its oh they were purchased online

Already emailed them, just wanted put it out here on social media that I got screwed.

Time to look for a new shop.

On 9/2/2021 at 9:50 AM, juniorMC said:

On 9/10/2021 at 12:11 AM, juniorMC said:

You went to a store and they promised pins to you.....  But didn't take any info before you left the store, how was that NOT a huge red flag?  There are countless stories of people getting screwed over these pins, it is a silly gimmick that nets you (at this point) a choice of 2 different books.  Other possible "prizes" to be announced.

Bad Idea has done ZERO for those that have been screwed out of pins by shops.  The only thing has been negative press for the shops but that is quickly forgotten about as I cannot name a single one that was involved in a pin fiasco previously.

Pins have a set of stipulations but are not actual enforceable rules as it seems.

Sorry it happened, but on the plus side you have 2 copies of those books now.

On 9/10/2021 at 10:34 AM, Crops068 said:

You went to a store and they promised pins to you.....  But didn't take any info before you left the store, how was that NOT a huge red flag?  There are countless stories of people getting screwed over these pins, it is a silly gimmick that nets you (at this point) a choice of 2 different books.  Other possible "prizes" to be announced.

Bad Idea has done ZERO for those that have been screwed out of pins by shops.  The only thing has been negative press for the shops but that is quickly forgotten about as I cannot name a single one that was involved in a pin fiasco previously.

Pins have a set of stipulations but are not actual enforceable rules as it seems.

Sorry it happened, but on the plus side you have 2 copies of those books now.

On 9/10/2021 at 1:11 AM, juniorMC said:

Out the store.  @kav will call them for u

On 9/10/2021 at 3:09 PM, kav said:

Guys i am in contact with the store and they sent me a lengthy explanation which makes sense and they hate these pins and promotions its nothing but headaches for them all around.

Maybe easier for us to put a gofund me account to buy the passive aggressive comic copy off eBay for 12 bucks for him instead of dealing with that  stupid PIN 

Edited by Wolverinex

On 9/10/2021 at 3:09 PM, kav said:

Guys i am in contact with the store and they sent me a lengthy explanation which makes sense and they hate these pins and promotions its nothing but headaches for them all around.

Was that lengthy explanation "we promised a buddy he would get them".. ?   Pretty sure that's what's going on when I see the same people on IG posting how they get every single one of them.

But as others have said... the pins and Bad Idea's business practices are all stupid.  Or if they didn't say that.. they should have.

On 9/10/2021 at 1:41 PM, Sigur Ros said:

Was that lengthy explanation "we promised a buddy he would get them".. ?   Pretty sure that's what's going on when I see the same people on IG posting how they get every single one of them.

But as others have said... the pins and Bad Idea's business practices are all stupid.  Or if they didn't say that.. they should have.

I dont want to post their reply without permission but as I said it made sense, and yes they hate all the promotional stuff it's nothing but headaches for them.

On 9/10/2021 at 4:44 PM, kav said:

I dont want to post their reply without permission but as I said it made sense, and yes they hate all the promotional stuff it's nothing but headaches for them.

Yea, I wasn't actually asking, just joking about how it's going on.

Regardless, they chose to be part of this.  No sense in them pretending they don't want it.

On 9/10/2021 at 2:44 PM, Sigur Ros said:

Yea, I wasn't actually asking, just joking about how it's going on.

Regardless, they chose to be part of this.  No sense in them pretending they don't want it.

I dont know the mechanics of how it works but i know someone who owns a comic shop and he related that they have to receive books they have no choice in.