• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Top 10 Best Villain performances by Actors in Comics, who you got?
1 1

51 posts in this topic

Gold/Silver mix...

I’ve been paying attention over the years.  Here’s my list...who did I leave off that you think should be included?  In most cases, it’s likely I chose to leave them off, but have seen the performances. But everyone has an opinion:

#1 Heath Ledger - The Joker

HM Cesar Romero, Jack Nicholson, Joaquin Phoenix 

#2 Gene Hackman - Lex Luthor

#3 Julie Newmar - Catwoman

HM Michelle Pfeiffer

#4 Bane - Tom Hardy

#5 Magneto - Ian Mckellen

#6 General Zod - Terence Stamp

#7 Green Goblin - Willem Defoe

#8 Penguin - Burgess Meredith 

#9 Talia al Ghul - Marion Cotillard

#10 Doc Ock - Alfred Molina

...I’m not certain I rank Ledger #1, but he’s hard to deny.  And for the sake of this kind of list, I may have appreciated say Romero more as the Joker than Molina as Doc Ock, but only included what I thought was the best or favorite performance for each character. So no two Jokers or Catwomen or whatever.

Not a comic book movie...(well, sort of a comic book type movie)...but my favorite villain portrayal was Andrew Robinson as Scorpio in Dirty Harry.

On 9/3/2021 at 12:37 PM, goldust40 said:

Honorary mention to Josh Brolin as Thanos.

One Year of 'Avengers: Endgame' – 5 Thanos quotes that are so relatable in  lockdown | English Movie News - Times of India

i rate brolin's thanos way higher than an honorable mention! he's top 3 for me. the seamless integration of the 3d computer effects with his genuine facial expressions, body acting and voice acting made it so easy to forget thats not actually his face. when SPOILER ALERT!!! he has to sacrifice the one he loves, his tears are absolutely genuine. he's sympathetic, psychopathic and freaking amazing. 

tom hardy's silly bane cannot hold a candle to this performance or this character. i put him right under the ledger and phoenix jokers, alongside gene hackman as luthor, and ian mckellan belongs there as well as maggy. 

(-i know this is in the GA section but you did say G and S mix here.) though perhaps thanos is bronze... still a better movie villain than most of the rest...

Edited by alexgross.com

On 9/3/2021 at 1:37 PM, Cat-Man_America said:

Alec Guinness or Anthony Hopkins   They both portrayed the same villain appearing in comics...  

Reveal hidden contents

ea103ddb-b788-42dc-8e14-e06c83d187e1_zpso8ofz4pe.jpg.6ac503b676678f076925ce79add2d36a.jpg

ccf2ee3d-cb89-49d6-85b5-4d9193949b72_zps4evk5zhs.jpg.e6f31370344d0013f42ddcf058545e23.jpg

edited-image_zpsi3dkd2ao.jpg.c8cf564d2a73c4e11d8f9fb35806a31c.jpg

If you’re referring to Hitler, I’m surprised that I don’t have a clue which movies you’re referring.  Bruno Ganz in Downfall comes to mind for a portrayal of that monster.