• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This should arrive any day now!

206 posts in this topic

You know, I was so excited to find the book, low grade and insignificant as it is, that I didn't think to ask. I assumed that the 6.99 shipping charge meant priority. I always ship priority when I sell books and usually hope that people will buy more than one to save on shipping. I find that I can safely ship three books usually, sandwiched between cardboard, in a flat rate priority mailer. I found out today that my book was shipped last wednesday via media mail so I should have it by monday. It's kinda lame to be excited by one of the later Top Notch Laugh books, but when you get so close to completeing a run it's understandable. I imagine that once I get this one more will start coming out of the woodwork, particularly if people see I paid 100.00 for a 40.00 book.Anyone have a spare Top Notch Laugh 35?

It's not "kinda lame" at all friend, it's very understandable! Nothing like the excitement of a rare GA find you've been searching for for a long time. thumbsup2.gif

That sucks about the shipping tho...no way media mail shipping should be $7, that's unreal. Did you notice that a shipping cost of $1.99 is quoted in the seller's auction description? Once the book is in your hands, I would politely email the seller for a refund of the difference.

Yeah, also media mail in 7 days? Guess what, it doesn't happen consistently. Hopefully, you will get your shipment but if you don't well be prepared to wait up to a month. I actually had a shipment go media mail that took up to 1 month and 20 days. Also, on the $7.00 shipping. Personally, that is wrong but since Shipping and HANDLING are terms used that means it could be $2.00 for the shipping and $5.00 for the boxing and taping addressing etc. If it were not for the fact that getting hit with retaliatory negs and neutrals is so damaging(which I know is necessary), I would leave a neutral feedback for this seller.

No book today. I've got a funny feeling about this now. All their low end books ask for 2.99 for media mail shipping. I paid 6.99 for flat rate on a 100.00 book and they still shipped it media and I bet they didn't use delivery confirmation or insurance. It would have cost 1.50 more for 1st class. So somethings not right. The only other book I ever bought that was "lost in the mail" was a Top Notch Laugh 39 That I bought for 100.00 and paid extra for priority mail, tracking and insurance and the guy said he shipped it media with no tracking and insurance. He refunded but I'm still convinced it was bought out from under me by a someone I know of who also needed the book and has tons of resources and who would pay five times as much just to get it. Can't prove it though.But I'm beginning to suspect something fishy here. Hopefully I'm wrong and just being paranoid, but my spidey senses are tingling!

It doesn't make sense why someone would do that, especially when other auction of his charge 2.99 for media. I'm assuming that the book wasn't insured and had no delivery confirmation. It just feels wrong. I think I was undercut by someone after the sale. I hope I'm wrong, but the whole thing smells funny to me.

It doesn't make sense why someone would do that, especially when other auction of his charge 2.99 for media. I'm assuming that the book wasn't insured and had no delivery confirmation. It just feels wrong. I think I was undercut by someone after the sale. I hope I'm wrong, but the whole thing smells funny to me.

You're being paranoid Vince. Relax, the book will arrive soon. Two things to remember: 1. This ISN'T THE TN #39, and 2. You don't exactly live in a large metropolitan area, so the USPS might not be as quick getting to you.

Relax, it will get to you.

You're being paranoid Vince. Relax, the book will arrive soon. Two things to remember: 1. This ISN'T THE TN #39, and 2. You don't exactly live in a large metropolitan area, so the USPS might not be as quick getting to you.

Relax, it will get to you.

I know, I always get this way, just can't help it. Just think if it was a raw Mile High shipped media! insane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gif

... I'm still convinced it was bought out from under me by a someone I know of who also needed the book and has tons of resources and who would pay five times as much just to get it. Can't prove it though....

Now, you wouldn't suspect that I'd notify said person with deep pockets would you?

angel.gif

Come to think of it, he did buy MY entire MLJ collection, with the stipulation I had to find him the books he was missing.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

devil.gif

crazy.gif

Still no book from hobby_inc

foreheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gif

Sorry to hear that man! Perhaps you should email him to verify that it did in fact go out in the mail. After all, you paid for tracking and insurance, right?

Shawn

Hope it works out, friend. For what it's worth (not much), I'm still waiting on books from several sellers, all from auctions which finished just a day or two after yours did. And media mail can be draggy for sure. Fingers crossed. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I feel your "pain". I have an oustanding order from Doug Sulipa who shipped the books to me on September 14th and they haven't made it to my place yet. Sometimes packages get stuck in a time warp at some PO either here or in Canada. Here's hoping for the best for you 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I feel your "pain". I have an oustanding order from Doug Sulipa who shipped the books to me on September 14th and they haven't made it to my place yet. Sometimes packages get stuck in a time warp at some PO either here or in Canada. Here's hoping for the best for you 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Canada PO has a VERY big timewarp.