• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This should arrive any day now!

206 posts in this topic

Black Hand, FWIW, I don't think you're being paranoid.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here. However, even though I've bought fewer than a hundred or so books on Ebay, EVERY time I've been scammed, I knew it on a gut level. It just "felt wrong."

I'm not saying that the guy sold it to another collector (how many people could we be talking about here? An eclectic book, after all...). I just think it never shipped.

You get your money back and this becomes "the one that got away."

However, keep an eye out for this seller relisting the book. Do they have more than one handle they sell under? I bet it shows up online soon enough...

I'm interupting my week long self imposed exile from this thread(after all it's my thread) to thank all of you who have PM'd me with your thoughts and support on this subject. I'm very surprise that quite a few of you had similar theories as to what happened that I have. One of you I think, may have hit it dead on. I hope it's not true as I hate to think it but I definately wouldn't be surprised. another one of you used the expression "If it seems to good to be true" in reference to a somewhat similar, although non ebay experience. I'll interrupt my silence if something positive happens and get those scans off to those who asked.

Hey Black Hand,

Just a bit of perspective...if #31 and #38 are the only issues you need to complete the Top-Notch series, then that means you have 43 more issues than I do! I would enjoy seeing some of your favorite covers from your collection, when you have time (no rush tho).

For what it's worth, I still hope your book turns up. And I hope my book turns up too! As I alluded to last week, I've been waiting on a Batman 13 which was shipped Priority Mail on 10/12. My seller has been more responsive than yours, and did insure the book & has provided me with the tracking # for the package, but USPS doesn't have any info other than that it entered their system on the 12th. Still hoping it will surprise me and turn up soon. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Hey Black Hand,

Just a bit of perspective...if #31 and #38 are the only issues you need to complete the Top-Notch series, then that means you have 43 more issues than I do! I would enjoy seeing some of your favorite covers from your collection, when you have time (no rush tho).

For what it's worth, I still hope your book turns up. And I hope my book turns up too! As I alluded to last week, I've been waiting on a Batman 13 which was shipped Priority Mail on 10/12. My seller has been more responsive than yours, and did insure the book & has provided me with the tracking # for the package, but USPS doesn't have any info other than that it entered their system on the 12th. Still hoping it will surprise me and turn up soon. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Yeah, in the meantime you could drop some scans of those on us. I have been keeping my eyes out on the 31, seem like I saw a 32 and 39 though.