• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Things in comics it took you a while to notice
2 2

131 posts in this topic

Captain America's shield has no name.

Miles Morales' name has the repeated letter/sound that used to be common but pretty much disappeared for decades (Peter Parker, Clark Kent, Lois Lane, Lex Luthor, Matt Murdock, Bruce Banner, Stephen Strange, Scott Summers).

Anybody else have some things that took you too long to notice?

The cover of iron man 281

I thought was war machine in defeat,

Because iron man is in a lighter shade of color.

There are others I've noticed recently but I dont remember.

Still war machine on #281 is a doozie, cause I've used it in conversation discussing the issue I owned for the longest time.... no one corrected me doh!

Lol

Edit, that and if they did try to correct, I didnt get it because the cgc label says 1st war machine armor in cameo, therefore i thought it was 1sf war machine in cameo on cover and last page lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/7/2021 at 11:57 PM, Jayman said:

Shang-Chi is apparently pronounced Shong-Chi(shrug)

Acceptable if it’s an actual Chinese pronunciation.  As a Brit, Shong sounds more like an Americanism.

On 9/8/2021 at 12:03 AM, Namtak said:

Noticing the double pants batman really destroyed it for me for so long it was one of those awesome cover but now i only see the error of double pants,ras al ghul should only have the upper costume in his hand.......

latest-1.jpg

Comics Code cover up.

On 9/7/2021 at 6:05 PM, Ken Aldred said:
On 9/7/2021 at 6:03 PM, Namtak said:

Noticing the double pants batman really destroyed it for me for so long it was one of those awesome cover but now i only see the error of double pants,ras al ghul should only have the upper costume in his hand.......

latest-1.jpg

Expand  

Comics Code cover up.

Does it help if we think of the leg is in the shade, as there is a lot of shading in the cover, and the blue around the waist is ghul covering with the Cape while he stands over the bats?

On 9/8/2021 at 12:09 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Does it help if we think of the leg is in the shade, as there is a lot of shading in the cover, and the blue around the waist is ghul covering with the Cape while he stands over the bats?

Seriously, I never noticed or even thought about that.

On 9/7/2021 at 7:04 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Acceptable if it’s an actual Chinese pronunciation.  As a Brit, Shong sounds more like an Americanism.

I’m fine with it either way. I know they are just trying to be politically correct. But as a kid I always said Shang. Maybe I missed somewhere in the comics they explained the pronunciation?

On 9/7/2021 at 9:34 PM, bronze_rules said:

You just added another dimension to something I never noticed on that cover! Now, I feel like there's a zillion more rational things I missed over the years.

His left hand clinched on the back of the Sabre Tooth that baffled me for years.

On 9/8/2021 at 9:00 AM, bronze_rules said:

Absolutely. I was like, Shong Chi, what the heck are they talking about?
Along with yet to be determined Sub-Mariner. lol

That one should be settled, he's appeared in several cartoons over the years, which iirc all went with Sub-Mareener.