• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In your opinion, what should the fair market value of X-Men #4 9.8 be??

53 posts in this topic

On 9/18/2021 at 10:29 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

The sheer quantity alone of this book should make it worthless.

Yup. I was going to say $5 at most, being in a very generous mood tonight.

X-Men 1 was the biggest selling comic of all time, so there must still be loads of copies of this one around, overprinted.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Whatever people are willing to pay. $50 ish or under was a steal. Large supply but its not a bad cover, lee is popular and a 1st. I would never pay $100. I don't currently have any copies. I am sure I will find some more and sure I will sell them. But people paying retail now will likely make money when a good rumor or confirmation gets going. People will buy multiple copies thinking once the trailer hits they will double their money.

On 9/20/2021 at 3:48 PM, Lazyboy said:
On 9/20/2021 at 8:27 AM, valiantman said:

You didn't get a direct edition at the newsstand. :gossip:

??? Where did he make any kind of statement about which version he has/had?

Wow, you really will turn anything into an argument.

The original post is a direct edition with a question about what it's worth.  Robot Man said he paid $1 at a newsstand.

That would mean Robot Man has a newsstand, and the value of a newsstand is different from the value of a direct edition.

You've made it clear that you disagree, but dozens of actual sales recorded on GPA show newsstand with at least a 50% premium over direct edition in 9.8.

They aren't the same thing.  I quoted Robot Man so he would see the humor in my statement and adjust his estimate down to about 65 cents for the direct edition.

You're here to troll, as usual.

Edited by valiantman

People are paying $200 in 9.8 (Direct Edition) for this shipped for what it's worth. I've sold 2 at that price in the last month. (Don't ask which company slabbed it.)

Edited by sckao

Never realized the Scarlet Witch was colored green on the cover.. probably to contrast with Magneto? She's the regular red/pink in the interiors.

The Toad's arms should also be orange.

Edited by sckao

On 9/20/2021 at 5:08 PM, sckao said:

Never realized the Scarlet Witch was colored green on the cover.. probably to contrast with Magneto? She's the regular red/pink in the interiors.

Yep, the colors on the covers were done for aesthetic reasons, not for internal consistency.  It still seems odd to do though, since her name was Scarlet Witch. :foryou:

Edited by valiantman