• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Squid Game Netflix
4 4

64 posts in this topic

On 9/27/2021 at 2:41 PM, Red84 said:

Loved it! Watched the whole thing in 2 days last week. The imagery is really creative as well.

The multi-colored staircase is one of my favorite sets in a long time.

Hide contents

Did anyone else notice how absolutely HORRENDOUS the acting was for the VIPs speaking English? What was the deal with that?

Don't know a lot about Korean films, but I was reading another forum where they complained about this being common. My take was they were disgusting, wealthy pigs, happy to enjoy the misery of the desperate and poor. A bit like Hostel in that sense.  

I just finished the last episode and it really got good.  It has a indie flick vibe and it's the first binge worth show I've seen in awhile.  I actually picked the final twist since I had a gut feeling (thought I was wrong in the middle there).  Deep, dark and twisted and a treat to watch.

On 10/3/2021 at 12:12 PM, 1Cool said:

I just finished the last episode and it really got good.  It has a indie flick vibe and it's the first binge worth show I've seen in awhile.  I actually picked the final twist since I had a gut feeling (thought I was wrong in the middle there).  Deep, dark and twisted and a treat to watch.

On 10/3/2021 at 12:46 PM, littledoom said:

Reminds me of Saw/Belko/Would you rather/Circle.. really good watch

Agreed it was excellent.  Once i hit VIP, i couldn't stop watching... what an ending

I watched the first episode yesterday and I'm excited to finish it this week.

Best Netflix original 1st episode I've seen since The Queen's Gambit.

While the Hunger Games comparison is apt, I was reminded more of Battle Royale (arguably the basis for the Hunger Games books and films).

On 10/3/2021 at 6:45 PM, Gatsby77 said:

I watched the first episode yesterday and I'm excited to finish it this week.

Best Netflix original 1st episode I've seen since The Queen's Gambit.

While the Hunger Games comparison is apt, I was reminded more of Battle Royale (arguably the basis for the Hunger Games books and films).

Agreed.  Queens gambit,  squid,  and ted lasso have been the best shows since covid

Finished this last night. That was some crazy entertainment for sure. After reading this guide it helped me understand some of the references.

Before we dive in, I want to make this clear: This guide will best serve people who are discovering Korean dramas through Squid Game.

Korean audiences and longtime fans of the genre may already understand the cultural context and the Easter eggs I'm discussing here. You might even find the series to be underwhelming and overshadowed by its dystopian horrors. And that's okay too! This is a common response among South Korean viewers like my mom, who was simultaneously delighted and dumbstruck by its international success — but quickly course-corrected to finishing her Korean rom-coms.

On 10/17/2021 at 7:46 AM, Wolverinex said:

Most watched show on Netflix ever.   111 million .  The next most watched show was Bridegerton at 88.  

The first episode was a little tricky as it is laying the foundation for the later story. So if folks bailed at that point (some without even seeing the later half of EP1) you really missed out.

Now I get the clock reference more than ever.