• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Screwed by eBay, need new suggestions on where to sell comics
1 1

48 posts in this topic

On 9/28/2021 at 2:21 PM, Wolverinex said:

Ebay is the worst.  Stopped this year and never looked back

I stopped years ago when they changed the rules that no seller can leave negative feedback.   First sale when the new rules when into effect -  I had three buyers not pay after only having two buyers not pay in all the years
selling prior to the new rule changes.  That was it for me.  No more ebay.   
I may one day go back and sell on ebay but it will be cheap books…..but I highly doubt it.   

On 9/29/2021 at 10:51 AM, Smushi said:

Been selling on hipcomics as well as eBay and the staff over there are super friendly. A lot lower fees as well. 

How has your overall experience been with HipComics? I'm intrigued, and I signed up for a free account. It looks like it's a monthly fee to sell and then a 9% final sale fee? Is the shipping as seamless as eBay?

On 9/28/2021 at 12:28 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

If you still have the receipt of the parcel you sent...

Surely you could show the weight Of it, which would prove it's not an empty box.

Weird that they would be so bold face, and add the seller to the block ebay buyer list thread (thumbsu

Tried, they didn't care. Looking into filing a mail fraud complaint.

On 9/28/2021 at 12:34 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

oh and a good place to sell your comics would be

mycomicshop.com

there have been many threads lately where the owner explained the criteria, and everyone espoused it as a quality site :foryou: 

:tink: 

I'll check the site out, thank you.

On 9/28/2021 at 2:01 PM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Do you have the buyers ID so we can block him?

Seems like a new buyer with a "0" rating. Yet, they took this POS claim over a seller with over 20k in sales this year. Makes sense (not). Not sure if I am allowed to post his user ID.

On 9/29/2021 at 8:51 AM, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

I'd contact the postal inspectors. I've had it happen a few times.

Yes, this is what I am doing today. Unreal the whole experience. Years ago, there were so many online auction sites. Now, basically one. Sucks.

On 9/29/2021 at 10:07 AM, intlnews said:

Seems like a new buyer with a "0" rating. Yet, they took this POS claim over a seller with over 20k in sales this year. Makes sense (not). Not sure if I am allowed to post his user ID.

I think you can change your buyer requirements, under X amount of feedback, do not allow bidding/buying.

On 9/29/2021 at 11:51 AM, Smushi said:

Been selling on hipcomics as well as eBay and the staff over there are super friendly. A lot lower fees as well. 

I've never sold there, but have bought there and been pleased.

On 9/29/2021 at 11:07 AM, intlnews said:

This is why I left. They side with a buyer with 0 feedback who signed up that day over me who's been there 23 years. eBay takes all the money and none of the responsibility. 

Tried to message MyComicShop and wanted to sell/list Amazing Spider-Man #2 CGC 7.0. They offered me less than half the actual value. Strange.  

Still fighting with eBay and have officially filed a complaint with USPS.  Will continue to post on my battle with eBay and the POS user; which I'll also post his/her username too. Just waiting for the case to be closed one way or another.