• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eerie, Etcetera: The Grand Finale
8 8

220 posts in this topic

Eerie 42. VF 8.0 OW/W. Dominguez cover. Frank Frazetta back cover, reprinted from Eerie #2. The issue is the top staple which, though a publishing defect, intrudes on both the front and back cover. This is the 1973 annual, a all-reprint issue with an extraordinary lineup of artists, including Roy Kernel, Johnny Craig, Reed Crandall, Angelo Torres, Steve Ditko, Neal Adams and John Severin. $75

IMG_1433.jpeg

IMG_1434.jpeg

As I'm keeping the Sanjulian 41 ... 

Eerie 40. VF/NM 9.0 OW/W. Another Sanjulian cover. Maroto and Ploog interior art. Very small tear bottom front cover and the annoying bindery tear a the bottom of the spine. A CGC 9.4 of this magazine sold for $276 in April. This copy: $125 SOLD to stevemmg

IMG_1427.jpeg

IMG_1428.jpeg

Edited by SteveDuin

On 10/4/2021 at 6:56 PM, SteveDuin said:

As I'm keeping the Sanjulian 41 ... 

Eerie 40. VF/NM 9.0 OW/W. Another Sanjulian cover. Maroto and Ploog interior art. Very small tear bottom front cover and the annoying bindery tear a the bottom of the spine. A CGC 9.4 of this magazine sold for $276 in April. This copy: $125

IMG_1427.jpeg

IMG_1428.jpeg

:takeit:

Dinner is happening, so this will be the last one for the moment.

Eerie 36. VF 8.0 Enrich cover. Esteban Maroto interior art. Tiny indentation top of cover, stress lines at the spine, and light wear at the bottom edge of the back cover. $40 SOLD to warden5523

IMG_1411 2.jpeg

IMG_1412.jpeg

Edited by SteveDuin

On 10/4/2021 at 8:44 PM, SteveDuin said:

Dinner is happening, so this will be the last one for the moment.

Eerie 36. VF 8.0 Enrich cover. Esteban Maroto interior art. Tiny indentation top of cover, stress lines at the spine, and light wear at the bottom edge of the back cover. $40

IMG_1411 2.jpeg

IMG_1412.jpeg

:takeit:

A quick note about what's ahead for the day: Gonna try to post 24 books, issues 11-35. The only one I'm holding back is the #27. But I need to curb expectations here. The run down to #29 remains spectacular, but then the grades are all over the map. The Steranoko 25, for example, is a 4.0, the Frazetta 23 a 6.5. Because there are several high-grade copies at the beginning of the run, I'm not sure what happened in this time period, but he was clearly picking up used copies rather than fresh magazines off the rack. Some of these grades are disappointing, as a result, but they are a fresh reminder of how unique so many of the later 9.2. and 9.4 magazines are.

But we can begin with a bang:

Eerie 35. 9.2 NM- OW/W. Enrich cover. Mike Ploog, Jerry Grandenetti interior art. Light crease top left corner front cover, light were top back cover, thin dust shadow bottom back cover. $150 SOLD via PM

IMG_1408.jpeg

IMG_1409.jpeg

Edited by SteveDuin