• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED - 128 SLABS
10 10

234 posts in this topic

On 10/4/2021 at 5:03 PM, Danno561 said:

Could please clarify does I’ll take it without pending scans trump prior I’ll take it pending scans?  I guess I can see this either way

It's been my experience in my years on these boards that an unconditional :takeit: will always trump any negotiation or qualified/conditional :takeit:.  Granted I have rarely been on here recently, but I don't see why that would have changed.  It's also why I've been asking people to confirm their conditional purchases after I've posted scans.  I don't consider it sold unless it's been confirmed.

On 10/4/2021 at 5:18 PM, aelelarkin said:

It's been my experience in my years on these boards that an unconditional :takeit: will always trump any negotiation or qualified/conditional :takeit:.  Granted I have rarely been on here recently, but I don't see why that would have changed.  It's also why I've been asking people to confirm their conditional purchases after I've posted scans.  I don't consider it sold unless it's been confirmed.

Thank you.  I agree!

Danno I saw your question and ...

I know how these things tend to spiral downhill when there is no need. 

So for my part to head off any confusion ... 

Danno 561 - I can't clarify your your question - that's up to the seller ... but badger did post first and  aelelarkin did respond to Badger first and I will gladly defer to Badger as he was in first on the 4 and 5 if he wants them - ... so no muss or fuss. 

I will of course still take the 3 as there is no issue on that book for sure ...

and if Badger passes on the 4 and 5 - I'll take those also - just to be clear

Hope that helps everybody and keeps things running smooth:foryou:

Got to go offline for a bit ... but I'll do whatever - it's all good on my end.

On 10/4/2021 at 5:25 PM, blackterror said:

Danno 561 - I can't clarify your your question - that's up to the seller ... but badger did post first and  aelelarkin did respond to Badger first and I will gladly defer to Badger as he was in first on the 4 and 5 if he wants them - ... so no muss or fuss. 

I will of course still take the 3 as there is no issue on that book for sure ...

You are an honorable man indeed! I could see this getting a little crazy with all of those conditional I’ll take it

On 10/4/2021 at 4:25 PM, blackterror said:

These things can definitely spiral out of control. I responded to the pictures without reading the rest of the thread. I am now caught up and it is clear that you have the 3,4, and 5. aelelarkin did give the books to you and I'm just clearing up that there is no problem on my end. Congratulations on three great books!

On 10/4/2021 at 5:25 PM, blackterror said:

Posting an :takeit:with a condition to see the book is the same as simply asking to see pics of the book.  That's why I request confirmation after the pics are posted.  Otherwise anyone could have just jumped in and conditionally taken all of the books pending scans, only to walk away from all of them.  It's also why people have seen scans and walked away from books without any issue, as their conditional :takeit:were just that, conditional.

Hope this clears things up.  On the flip side of the coin, if you're going to throw up an unconditional :takeit:before I get the scan up, you're on the hook for it :)

Peace