• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil vs Iron Man Cover
2 2

27 posts in this topic

I was looking through my Daredevils the other day and realized I have a cover in which DD is fighting every member of the 2012 Avengers roster except for Iron Man.  Does anyone know a cover where those two fight, preferably from the Silver or Bronze Age?

Thanks

On 10/10/2021 at 7:35 PM, Austin_t_a said:

I was looking through my Daredevils the other day and realized I have a cover in which DD is fighting every member of the 2012 Avengers roster except for Iron Man.  Does anyone know a cover where those two fight, preferably from the Silver or Bronze Age?

Thanks

I perused the cover browser up to #249 and didnt see anything but if you want you can keep looking:
https://www.coverbrowser.com/covers/daredevil

On 10/10/2021 at 10:35 PM, Austin_t_a said:

Thanks

So far, they have been known to get along ok.

On 10/11/2021 at 2:18 PM, Bronty said:

A blind man against a metal suit doesn’t make for compelling narrative 

It seems like a mismatch, but there was another in an early issue of Tales of Suspense where Iron Man ‘fought’ The Angel.  Feathers vs transistorised, armoured exoskeleton. And repulsors.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 10/11/2021 at 2:18 PM, Bronty said:

A blind man against a metal suit doesn’t make for compelling narrative 

Who couldn’t fail to be impressed by the awesomeness of Stilt Man, the following issue?

669515.jpg

Decades later, my senses are still shattered.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 10/11/2021 at 6:28 AM, Ken Aldred said:

It seems like a mismatch, but there was another in an early issue of Tales of Suspense where Iron Man ‘fought’ The Angel.  Feathers vs transistorised, armoured exoskeleton. And repulsors.

In those days, a guy just had to rope a dope a bit before twelve transistor Tony ran low on power. 

On 10/11/2021 at 5:11 PM, shadroch said:

In those days, a guy just had to rope a dope a bit before twelve transistor Tony ran low on power. 

Ah, he forgot to charge up?

Shrapnel be damned.

On 10/11/2021 at 11:46 AM, shadroch said:

Have you read Daredevil 7? 

DD has duked it out with Namor and the Hulk, as well as Doctor Doom and maybe even Thor. 

Naturally, any battle can be set up by a sufficiently motivated writer.    DD vs Iron Man isn’t exactly a natural fit though in the same way that Hulk vs Thing was.