• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GoCollect's Updated Website
2 2

74 posts in this topic

On 10/13/2021 at 5:10 PM, grendelbo said:

Ditto. I didn't have an account but I could browse basic info. I liked to see what I had that was now hot or sought-after. No more. It might not be the same.

They still have like the top 100+hot comics between the ages and overall. It's on the home page, depending on what page you have bookmarked lol

It gives top 20 then you have to click extended hot list :foryou:

I use that too :)

Still has the 

Screenshot_20211013-180734_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20211013-180648_Samsung Internet.jpg

Free users like me are now up a creek.  

I can't access FMV for the books on my list - only look up FMV of similar books 6.0 and up (selected grades) - and bye-bye total FMV for the list, which is what I primarily kept an eye on.  If you want to access FMV for lower-grade books (5.0, 4.0, etc) it seems you have to pay.  

Site is also slow as molasses.  

I expect the server speed to get ironed out, but it's very clear there's little utility left for free members.  

Is there a reliable, cost-free alternative app or site to conveniently keep an eye on FMV of my CGC collection?  

On 10/13/2021 at 5:22 PM, djzombi said:

Free users like me are now up a creek.  

I can't access FMV for the books on my list - only look up FMV of similar books 6.0 and up (selected grades) - and bye-bye total FMV for the list, which is what I primarily kept an eye on.  If you want to access FMV for lower-grade books (5.0, 4.0, etc) it seems you have to pay.  

Yup.

I like the low and mid-grades. Too bad the data's restricted.

I was just going to post this in Golden Age- wtf happened?  I used to love this site.  First time I tried it, a couple years ago?- I subscribed immediately. Everything was so easy and direct. Clear tables and graphics and data, all at a glance on the same page.  Intuitive links to current auctions, other books in the series, etc.  I'd log on at conventions, during auctions, or whenever I was tracking sales/current prices for GA comics. Considered it a collecting tool that was worth every monthly penny.  BUT I just now logged on to Gocollect to research a book listed on the boards, and found this completely remodeled, totally confusing site.  I can't even figure out what Gocollect is anymore. Is it a data site?  A sales site?  A top 100 site? A collecting blog?  Spent 10 mins trying to figure out how to see the current sales of a particular GA book, and couldn't figure it out.  What a disappointment. Why the change? Maybe it's not catering to GA collectors anymore? Curious if others find the remodel an upgrade. So bummed- and so unsubscribed.  

Edited by Black Bat

On 10/13/2021 at 8:01 PM, Bookery said:

I do have a paid account, but can't see grades below 4.0 at this point.  I suspect it's data they haven't finished loading yet.

Same. There are some random grades just missing still while logged into a paid account, and I agree that not all of the sales data is there yet.

I do like some of the new features. I'm getting used to it still. It's still a little overwhelming, but I've been waiting for them to give historical sales data in chart form like GPA for a while.

Count me among those crossing their fingers hoping the features that are seemingly missing are simply a matter of incomplete data. I only just found out about this site a month ago or so and have been slowly inputting my collection for cataloging and starting to make some decisions about getting some books graded.

As referenced in my earlier post, my data is no longer complete, and seemingly it has become more challenging to enter and evaluate my books.

I'd hate to start over, but is there another service I should start looking at as a fall-back for tracking my collection?

On 10/13/2021 at 8:18 PM, Black Bat said:

I was just going to post this in Golden Age- wtf happened?  I used to love this site.  First time I tried it, a couple years ago?- I subscribed immediately. Everything was so easy and direct. Clear tables and graphics and data, all at a glance on the same page.  Intuitive links to current auctions, other books in the series, etc.  I'd log on at conventions, during auctions, or whenever I was tracking sales/current prices for GA comics. Considered it a collecting tool that was worth every monthly penny.  BUT I just now logged on to Gocollect to research a book listed on the boards, and found this completely remodeled, totally confusing site.  I can't even figure out what Gocollect is anymore. Is it a data site?  A sales site?  A top 100 site? A collecting blog?  Spent 10 mins trying to figure out how to see the current sales of a particular GA book, and couldn't figure it out.  What a disappointment. Why the change? Maybe it's not catering to GA collectors anymore? Curious if others find the remodel an upgrade. So bummed- and so unsubscribed.  

My sentiments are similar to this.  Seems like they gave it more of a looks overhaul but my snap judgement right now is that the usability is worse.  I have to click many more times into deeper levels of the listing to find data that I could find much easier before.  Sure it looks better, but it seems like they tried to copy GPAs look and feel, however GPA has been doing that longer and I now find myself using them alot more when before I never did.

This is weird - 

The only way to make it useful is to click 'Dashboard' on the upper right hand corner and make Sur eyou're logged in.

Going to the main page I did a search for a comic, it gave me partial results and I had to click over to my 'Dashboard' view to get the full results.  Even though I'm logged in.

Once in dashboard I have a bunch of stuff on the screen I couldn't care less about - concert posters?

If I go into 'Comics I Want'- I can click on Hulk 1 (who doesn't want Hulk 1 amirite??) - there was an option to get alerts on when it's listed or changes in price and I've got those all turned on but when I actually managed to find a box that showed where it was selling it  - it doesn't show up on eBay, Premier Auctions etc.. actually the wrong comics show up there.

Disclaimer:  I like GoCollect and do software development and it's not easy revamping a UI and getting it launched.  I hope they get this stuff ironed out - they are building out some cool new features which I'm going to like.  Just doesn't look like they are all there at a 100% yet.

On 10/14/2021 at 10:25 AM, OuterBanks said:

This is weird - 

The only way to make it useful is to click 'Dashboard' on the upper right hand corner and make Sur eyou're logged in.

Going to the main page I did a search for a comic, it gave me partial results and I had to click over to my 'Dashboard' view to get the full results.  Even though I'm logged in.

Once in dashboard I have a bunch of stuff on the screen I couldn't care less about - concert posters?

If I go into 'Comics I Want'- I can click on Hulk 1 (who doesn't want Hulk 1 amirite??) - there was an option to get alerts on when it's listed or changes in price and I've got those all turned on but when I actually managed to find a box that showed where it was selling it  - it doesn't show up on eBay, Premier Auctions etc.. actually the wrong comics show up there.

Disclaimer:  I like GoCollect and do software development and it's not easy revamping a UI and getting it launched.  I hope they get this stuff ironed out - they are building out some cool new features which I'm going to like.  Just doesn't look like they are all there at a 100% yet.

exactly this- the dashboard thing, you go there as instructed and its like starting over you don't see what you were expecting to see, and your shown a bunch of unwanted info. It would have been nice if they gave subscribers an email warning, so it wouldn't come as such a shock, especially if we were logging into the site during an actual buy/sell transaction. Maybe a beta site before the the main relaunch?  Something.

On 10/14/2021 at 1:34 PM, Black Bat said:

exactly this- the dashboard thing, you go there as instructed and its like starting over you don't see what you were expecting to see, and your shown a bunch of unwanted info. It would have been nice if they gave subscribers an email warning, so it wouldn't come as such a shock, especially if we were logging into the site during an actual buy/sell transaction. Maybe a beta site before the the main relaunch?  Something.

Yeah - or better yet, talk to customers and get their feedback on this kind of stuff.  

People don't like change so usually not many fans when this happens. However this seems to be more than change dislike. I don't look at it often so they aren't worried about me. But it is slower. Less grade data. And I checked a book that I checked before that used to have data and now no data. The 30 day average is a better indicator but not enough sample size for many books. I already talked to a few people who are going back to gpa. It's a lot less useful for non paying members who are important. I don't know if the advertise or promote anything if not that's their lose but web traffic is always a good thing unless you have cgc tech people. 

Loss of data for all grades is a loss to me. I used it as a quick look-up tool in combination of other tools to see if asking prices are in the ball park. Found them to be not so accurate on raw prices anyways.  

I see they're still ironing out some kinks.

Screenshot_20211014-220350_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e1e0f24093e968913e3d6ba06db12a03.jpg

I want to believe the paywall for details on grades below 6.0 will disappear. Unlikely.