• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

mycomicshop or ha for consignment
1 1

15 posts in this topic

On 10/17/2021 at 1:23 PM, comicdonna said:

Unless you have worked out a special deal with Heritage, the percentage between the two is a huge difference.  As far as which place is better?  That would depend on what you have to consign.  

Really ? But HA is 10% and MyComicShop is 8% ... maybe you are thinking of auction rates , i am talking about consignment .

Here is what MyComicShop posted in a thread in comics general.

On 9/8/2021 at 12:47 PM, mycomicshop said:

"Fees with us are 8-10% seller's commission, and the 3% buyer's is usually waived to 0% for anything expensive because buyers are paying by check or bank transfer. And for anything around $12.5K or above our $1000 cap kicks in, pushing the effective percentage lower and lower the higher the sale price. Versus Heritage is what, 15% seller and 20% buyer?

On 10/17/2021 at 4:55 PM, comicdonna said:

"...Versus Heritage is what, 15% seller and 20% buyer?

No , it is 10% for consignment . What you are quoting is auction rates . Seems to be a confusion between what is consignment and what is auction .

10% fee for direct sales :

https://www.ha.com/information/comic-book-online-market.s 

Anyway , what bothers me , is I want to sell on mycomicshop and keep the winnings as credit to buy a big key  
but everything is overpriced and the auctions are not very good , not likely I will find what I want .

On the other hand , I won't have that problem on HA but not sure how easy it is to sell there .

On 10/17/2021 at 7:55 PM, shadroch said:

If everything on MCS is over-priced, that seems to be the place to sell your books.  Take the cash and buy wherever you find the books you want for the price you wat.

I am not going to overprice my book ; i want to just get a quick sale on my books and fair price .

Edited by aleksicwon

On 10/17/2021 at 1:05 PM, aleksicwon said:

Which is better to consign with, Heritage Auctions or MyComicShop.

The value of the item(s) you wish to consign may actually limit your options.  Do not expect Heritage to list a $10 or $20 book as a stand-alone item.  At HA, low-value merchandise is moved in multi-book lots only.  MCS is way more flexible in this respect.  (thumbsu