• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coverless X-Men #1

9 posts in this topic

As a kid, I couldn't afford or dream to buy X-Men #1 ... i mean, $500.00 for a NM book, who had that kind of cash :)

Anyway, some years later I picked up X-Men #1 ... but it was coverless. Definitely worn, tan pages, but no tears. Structurally sound and all pages intact, secured, and readable.

Any thoughts on how to sell this? 

I recently saw some auctions where the pages of key books like this were graded and sold independently. I had no idea that was possible.

Edited by Rich Matist

On 10/20/2021 at 1:15 AM, Rich Matist said:

As a kid, I couldn't afford or dream to buy X-Men #1 ... i mean, $500.00 for a NM book, who had that kind of cash :)

Anyway, some years later I picked up X-Men #1 ... but it was coverless. Definitely worn, tan pages, but no tears. Structurally sound and all pages intact, secured, and readable.

Any thoughts on how to sell this? 

I recently saw some auctions where the pages of key books like this were graded and sold independently. I had no idea that was possible.

Yeah that happens. Some people just want a piece of Action Comics 1 since it's still cool to have and it's a good alternative for some people who want that piece of history in their collection but don't have the means for a full issue.

A Coverless X-Men one can definitely sell. I sell my low grade keys through mycomicshop.com

Go there and you will see a place for consignments. Just follow the directions.

Agreed, Mycomicshop.com is a great resource for both this book and many of the others you are looking to sell (based on your post in the sales section). 

Now, they may not want all 3500 books and I think that will be your biggest problem. Trying to find a buyer who would want the bulk. But the keys and 200 or SA / BA books wouldn't be difficult to move.  

To answer this question more directly, yes a coverless X1 still has value. Don't split up the pages, keep it as is. Someone out there has a cover wrap and will be looking for a complete coverless. 

On 10/20/2021 at 5:17 PM, Msgarmar said:

I recently bought a coverless X-men 1 on eBay for almost $1800 to marry to a cover I had. I’ve seen them go for up to $2500. Put it up on eBay for a reasonable price based on the current market and see what happens! 

Agreed. Ebay is a great option and it will DEFINITELY sell. If you've never used Ebay before, mycomicshop might be the better option.