• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there a way to see WHY my comic came back with a low score?
1 1

19 posts in this topic

On 10/21/2021 at 2:18 PM, DrYoYo said:

Sent off 10 comics, got back 6 with a 9.8 (yay!) and a few 9.6's but one of them was a 9.2  How can I see why it was graded low?  It looked as good if not better than the others that I sent in.

Lower tier submissions don’t get graders notes with cgc.

On 10/21/2021 at 3:18 PM, DrYoYo said:

Sent off 10 comics, got back 6 with a 9.8 (yay!) and a few 9.6's but one of them was a 9.2  How can I see why it was graded low?  It looked as good if not better than the others that I sent in.

9.2 isn't low, its near the top of the scale.

" NM-
9.2 A very well-preserved collectible with some wear and small manufacturing or handling defects. "

I don't see a low grade in anything mentioned. 

If you are certain your comic deserves better, then crack it and send it again in your next submission. 

On 10/21/2021 at 4:47 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

this would be the correct answer

Important Notes

• CGC Grader Notes are not entered for every CGC-certified collectible. They are entered at the discretion of CGC’s graders.

https://www.cgccomics.com/grading/cgc-grader-notes/

That's good to know. Didn't know it was a discretionary thing. I was looking back at my last few submissions and some had Graders Notes while some did not at different tiers. 9.8's didn't have any of course. 

Different collectable, but stay with me....I opened a sealed box of 1990 Fleer Basketball.....got 4x regular Michael Jordan cards, and 2x All-Star Stickers....cards went from the packs, into sleeves and top loaders.....3 regular Jordans graded @ 9, and 1 graded @ 6.....the All-Star Stickers were an 8 and a 6....

my long winded point being 9/10's are like unicorns.....

My advice to the original post would be to put the 9.2 and 9.8 side by side. Inspect the corner well. Inspect the spine well. Inspect the edges. If you see nothing, then the problem could be something like a fingerprint, colour rub or even an interior problem (they inspect the inside and factor that in too). Lots of times books are hit for having a minute tear to the edge of an interior page or even a bend/fold to the corner of an interior page that the person who submitted the comic failed to notice. 

Edited by comicginger1789