• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exciting Updates to the CGC Chat Boards
15 15

1,842 posts in this topic

Can I ask moderation a question?

@CGC Mike

On 11/15/2021 at 9:41 PM, Boz aka G G © ® ™ said:

Can we get this framed?  (worship)

On 11/15/2021 at 9:39 PM, kav said:

:roflmao:

On 11/15/2021 at 8:36 PM, oakman29 said:

Like a bunch of girls gossiping behind ones back. 

No Balls!

On 11/15/2021 at 9:37 PM, oakman29 said:

Thank you Sharon,  you are 100% correct.

I understand the childishness from Janet, but I'd expect better of Roy.

Why do you allow consistent and persistent talking about other members?

THIS is EXACTLY the problem that MANY have been complaining about. It creates unnecessary friction here, it emboldens people doing it and it happens with Moderation's blessing.

These people are not my friends and they keep talking about me.

Kav has been trolling me for 2 weeks since I told him to stop giving me advice. He made 4 posts, I finally notified on them and I got a warning. Now there are multkiple posts of his just sitting on the forum trolling me. And this was after he called me fu@xt@ast in a PM which I didn't notify on.

Oakman I haven't mentioned or talked about in years except for a quick exchange a few months ago.

G.G. has been trolling me for weeks telling me I blather and post too much but him and Kav probably make up half the posts of the entire forum over the last few months. He also has me on ignore but is happy to talk ABOUT me.

I can notify on probably 10 or more posts but will I get dinged for hitting the notify button too often/?

I have no problem discussing anything with anyone. If someone / anyone is making comments elsewhere, via PM, via text or via other forums, it's because moderation has enabled some people to talk about boardies while quieting those being talked about. I don't say anything disrespectful and I can back up anything I say. I'm certainly not afraid of anyone.

So why is this continually allowed?

Edited by VintageComics

• Administrator
On 11/17/2021 at 12:43 PM, VintageComics said:

Why do you allow consistent and persistent talking about other members?

Actually, I have mentioned a few times, that I was not going to allow talks about what is said on the other forum.  So, I did actually address all of these posts.  BTW, if talks about what is said ATS continues, I will have to dish out warnings.  

On 11/17/2021 at 12:55 PM, CGC Mike said:

Actually, I have mentioned a few times, that I was not going to allow talks about what is said on the other forum.  So, I did actually address all of these posts.  BTW, if talks about what is said ATS continues, I will have to dish out warnings.  

OK, I appreciate that...but what about all of the taunting and talk ABOUT OTHER MEMBERS ON THIS FORUM? ???

Being the butt of jokes continually from people who I have very little association with is a form of harassment. You've been aware of these harrassments for weeks because you've warned these people already and they still persist.

And yet when I rebut them I get a warning.

Or when I hit the notify button too often I get a strike.

So, can I hit notify on all the harassing posts to show a pattern of behavior without getting moderated for hitting the notify button too often?

I dont know why you dislike me so. I actually really like you, and meant that I would expect better of you. Because I think you are a good person. I have nothing against you at all, but when I see you at shows to say hi you basically ignore me. I dont know where this animosity comes from at all. I'm sorry if I ever got under your skin somehow but it was never meant.

On 11/17/2021 at 10:00 AM, VintageComics said:

OK, I appreciate that...but what about all of the taunting and talk ABOUT OTHER MEMBERS ON THIS FORUM? ???

Being the butt of jokes continually from people who I have very little association with is a form of harassment. You've been aware of these harrassments for weeks because you've warned these people already and they still persist.

So, can I hit notify on all the harassing posts to show a pattern of behavior without getting moderated for hitting the notify button too often?

So what do you want us to talk about? Man that cover or story is cool only goes so far in a conversation.  

Roy is victim. He likes that mantle  He also tells porkies.

FTR I do not have him on Ignore and I never have I'm confident moderation would confirm this.

I have had his back in the past despite his ridiculous Standpoints.

I'm done with his pathological need for attention.

That is all.

• Administrator
On 11/17/2021 at 1:00 PM, VintageComics said:

This happens a lot so, maybe others will benefit from this post.  If someone says something that offends you, the best thing to do is report the post and let me handle it.  What I see happen is, the person that is being offended confronts the other person.  Back and forth posts occur, and I am invited to the party too late.  When I read the posts between the two parties involved, most of the time the offending blows have balanced to the point where I can either tell both people to stop now, or I can issue them both warnings.  If I am notified right off instead of replying to the person, I can then take action, if I find the post offensive enough to do so.  Sometimes, it doesn't quite violate the terms of use.  In that case, I will mark it under review.  If it happens again and I see a pattern, I will then take action.  Instead of doing the same thing every time, try this approach.  It may take a little time to see change but, I can guarantee you that it will happen.  Or, you can continue to take matters into your own hands, and the loop that offends you will never end.

BTW, this goes for multiple people on these boards.  I am not singling anyone out.  

• Administrator
On 11/17/2021 at 1:15 PM, Boz aka G G © ® ™ said:

Roy is victim. He likes that mantle  He also tells porkies.

FTR I do not have him on Ignore and I never have I'm confident moderation would confirm this.

I have had his back in the past despite his ridiculous Standpoints.

I'm done with his pathological need for attention.

That is all.

This type of post is not acceptable.  I have seen it multiple times.  Please stop.  

On 11/17/2021 at 6:22 PM, CGC Mike said:

This type of post is not acceptable.  I have seen it multiple times.  Please stop.  

No problem. Like I said I'm done with it. I'm not paid to deal with it. 

On 11/17/2021 at 10:05 AM, oakman29 said:

I dont know why you dislike me so. I actually really like you, and meant that I would expect better of you. Because I think you are a good person. I have nothing against you at all, but when I see you at shows to say hi you basically ignore me. I dont know where this animosity comes from at all. I'm sorry if I ever got under your skin somehow but it was never meant.

Let's be honest here Roy, when it comes to others like Kav, Cal, Greggy and others , you are all in on a roasting.  When it comes to YOU , your panties get in a bind.  I get it I hope people dont dislike me either, but let's stop the hypocrisy.  I also dont want you to take this as an attack on you. I would say this to my best friend, because I'm honest with people regardless if they are family, friends or my message board family.

I'm probably going to get a hand slap because you are going to report me to moderation,  that's okay I still think you are a good person.

On 11/17/2021 at 7:02 PM, DR.X said:

I think we need a 1 800 hotline number for sensitivity training, touchy feelings, he posted a :wishluck::1943168033_violinemoji:and I found it very hurtful or contentious. Bwaaaah. I mean this whole thing is like watching 5 year olds in a school yard. If some of these victims really want to understand the problem go look in the fricking  mirror, and try zipping yer yap shut, and quite repeating the same tripe. :whatthe:

Please can you bring in the MCs? We need Altamont minders to sort all this out. :banana:

On 11/17/2021 at 6:45 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

What a combo!

Top 30 Fatality GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Apparently this is code red for moderation.

The last thing you see before a total ban.  :S

On 11/17/2021 at 9:19 AM, CGC Mike said:

Does anyone have any objections to the removal of these emojis?

:martini::tink::jaws::download: :$ :S o.O ;) :o

nope.  They are rarely used and way too big.  the face emojis I have never seen used.  We got better ones.