• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exciting Updates to the CGC Chat Boards
15 15

1,842 posts in this topic

On 11/17/2021 at 9:43 AM, VintageComics said:

Can I ask moderation a question?

@CGC Mike

Why do you allow consistent and persistent talking about other members?

THIS is EXACTLY the problem that MANY have been complaining about. It creates unnecessary friction here, it emboldens people doing it and it happens with Moderation's blessing.

These people are not my friends and they keep talking about me.

Kav has been trolling me for 2 weeks since I told him to stop giving me advice. He made 4 posts, I finally notified on them and I got a warning. Now there are multkiple posts of his just sitting on the forum trolling me. And this was after he called me fu@xt@ast in a PM which I didn't notify on.

Oakman I haven't mentioned or talked about in years except for a quick exchange a few months ago.

G.G. has been trolling me for weeks telling me I blather and post too much but him and Kav probably make up half the posts of the entire forum over the last few months. He also has me on ignore but is happy to talk ABOUT me.

I can notify on probably 10 or more posts but will I get dinged for hitting the notify button too often/?

I have no problem discussing anything with anyone. If someone / anyone is making comments elsewhere, via PM, via text or via other forums, it's because moderation has enabled some people to talk about boardies while quieting those being talked about. I don't say anything disrespectful and I can back up anything I say. I'm certainly not afraid of anyone.

So why is this continually allowed?

Just some advice-you can take it or leave it-I used to do counseling and what I would tell some people was "If you are experiencing friction with a large number of people, and also getting upset by it, it's most likely your behaviors which are triggering the experiences you are receiving.  Changing the outside world is impossible-all you can change is the inside world".

Edited by kav

On 11/17/2021 at 10:55 PM, CGC Mike said:

Actually, I have mentioned a few times, that I was not going to allow talks about what is said on the other forum.  So, I did actually address all of these posts.  BTW, if talks about what is said ATS continues, I will have to dish out warnings.  

can I participate in the grading competition?

On 11/17/2021 at 12:22 PM, CGC Mike said:

I have tried to do this several times but, the tech skills required, exceeded my ability.  When I learn how, I will go back and make them all typeable.

@CGC Mike I think the boards run off Invision Community software so this would likely help. It looks like that option may only be available when editing an emoticon. Hard to say for sure since I've never used this product.

https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/themes-and-customizations/editor-and-emoticons_327/managing-emoticons-r136/

For instance typing ph34r with the ":" on both sides gives you :ph34r: and "O.o" gives you O.o I would think you can add the code you want, but I'll try to google a standard convention.

2021-11-17_16-14-29.thumb.jpg.be1bbd7523431318fa00513333ff69b3.jpg

Edited by universal soldier
Punctuation prevents let's eat grandma.

On 11/17/2021 at 10:56 AM, Galen130 said:

I haven’t had my coffee yet, but at least I woke up to another episode of Days Of Our Lives.  Now my coffee will be that much more enjoyable. :roflmao::banana::facepalm:

Until one of our members is the grandparent of another of our members, who is also the grandparent of yet another member - who is pregnant - we will not come close to being an episode of Days Of Our Lives.

Signed,

Former Honorary resident of Salem

On 11/17/2021 at 11:44 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I don't mind. Whatever y'all decide :) 

The only thing that I request.......

@CGC Mike I request that all new emoji's become typable again :sumo: , that one you type colon, sumo, colon, with no spaces then hit space or enter and the emoji populates!

:148480718_drumrollemoji:these "NEW" ones like the badacha cat drum roll.....  ahem, I'm not typing all this lol attached is the pic of what you type to do the badacha, you discover it when you hover over the emoji choices in the task bar :foryou: 

It's a small thing, but I'd rather not have to hit the button on the task bar .....

image.thumb.png.bf1b2058ae69d756f521a090ca8d5b78.png

Bloodshot 1 ?

On 11/17/2021 at 3:52 PM, Buzzetta said:

Bloodshot 1 ?

Yes I saw it recently for $1 at the used bookstore,  I passed on it, but with the crazy market, I was checking to see how wise I was for passing  :)

On 11/17/2021 at 3:19 PM, kav said:

Just some advice-you can take it or leave it-I used to do counseling and what I would tell some people was "If you are experiencing friction with a large number of people, and also getting upset by it, it's most likely your behaviors which are triggering the experiences you are receiving.  Changing the outside world is impossible-all you can change is the inside world".

Did the person jump off the bridge while you were in mid sentence or once you were done? 

:82964208_goodvsevilemoji::banana:

Edited by Buzzetta

On 11/17/2021 at 1:57 PM, Buzzetta said:

Did the person jump off the bridge while you were in mid sentence or once you were done? 

:82964208_goodvsevilemoji::banana:

Too be fair buzz-you know you've told me the exact same thing I posted, about other boardies.  Its like the golden rule, man.

On 11/17/2021 at 4:59 PM, kav said:

Too be fair buzz-you know you've told me the exact same thing I posted, about other boardies.  Its like the golden rule, man.

Absolutely true. 

@CGC Mike looks like you just need to edit the ones you put in and then maybe provide a glossary of the changes.

":82964208_goodvsevilemoji:" is  :82964208_goodvsevilemoji: so editing it to :goodvsevil: will shorten things up. I don't think you need to anything other than that.

On 11/17/2021 at 4:08 PM, universal soldier said:

@CGC Mike looks like you just need to edit the ones you put in and then maybe provide a glossary of the changes.

":82964208_goodvsevilemoji:" is  :82964208_goodvsevilemoji: so editing it to :goodvsevil: will shorten things up. I don't think you need to anything other than that.

+1