• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exciting Updates to the CGC Chat Boards
15 15

1,842 posts in this topic

On 11/18/2021 at 4:59 PM, VintageComics said:

Because you're wrong. :foryou:

I'm going to go back to ignoring you unless you start saying stuff that is wrong again. Have a good one.

So you dont have a problem?  Everything's fine here?

On 11/18/2021 at 6:49 PM, kav said:
On 11/18/2021 at 6:33 PM, VintageComics said:

I'm not experiencing friction with a large group of people.

I'm experiencing friction with the same small group of people.

Well if it's just a small group of people-what's the problem?  There's a small group of people that dont like me and I dont throw constant hissy fits about it.  I might react to a post here or there but I dont complain about being targeted by a 'group' here.  It is what it is.

I, and I'm sure a lot of people, would consider hitting the "notify moderator" button so many times the paint gets worn off.......as throwing a constant hissy fit.

• Administrator
On 11/18/2021 at 2:56 PM, ttfitz said:

Although I "liked" your message, upon reflection I decided that I actually like some of the replacements for the deemed unacceptable but not "bad" words. You know, the insufficently_thoughtful_person type words.

The ones I really dislike are the ones that just delete the word, leaving nothing at all. I had someone in a PM one time think that I never voted anymore because a word was just deleted without any indication anything was missing. Not sure what the rationale for that would be.

I will check into this.  The list is very long but, most are set for exact, which I believe means no change.  I will also do some more tests.  

@kav @VintageComics

It’s a shame the two of you can’t get along. I have chatted with both of you for years and you are both good people. Yes, you both are a bit eccentric for lack of a better word, but that’s ok. 

Kav, you post a lot, and Vintage, your wall of texts are legendary. You both seem to annoy groups of people (not me), so imagine if you did a Superhero (or Villain) team-up. The two of you could take over the boards! :devil:

On 11/18/2021 at 5:48 PM, CAHokie said:

@kav @VintageComics

It’s a shame the two of you can’t get along. I have chatted with both of you for years and you are both good people. Yes, you both are a bit eccentric for lack of a better word, but that’s ok. 

Kav, you post a lot, and Vintage, your wall of texts are legendary. You both seem to annoy groups of people (not me), so imagine if you did a Superhero (or Villain) team-up. The two of you could take over the boards! :devil:

Hey I tried.  I was the only one defending him as many recall.  He returned that kindness by biting my hand.   

On 11/18/2021 at 6:01 PM, kav said:

Hey I tried.  I was the only one defending him as many recall.  He returned that kindness by biting my hand.   

Sometimes written words can be taken out of meaning on both sides and then a back and forth between both parties escalate things. Or simply people say things they shouldnt have.

What do the two of you think about a mutual reset with the past let go and moving forward from here with no further jabs or insults? You dont have to be friends but can be cordial. Thoughts @kav? I feel confident that @VintageComics will move forward if you are willing.

Edited by CAHokie

On 11/18/2021 at 11:19 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:
On 11/18/2021 at 10:19 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Rather than points, violators are sent to the CGC Cornfield.

FBiozXUXsAEI9Yf-1.jpg.06005441947bb27fb829b6f12b86294f.jpg

On 11/18/2021 at 6:06 PM, CAHokie said:

Sometimes written words can be taken out of meaning on both sides and then a back and forth between both parties escalate things. Or simply people say things they shouldnt have.

What do the two of you think about a mutual reset with the past let go and moving forward from here with no further jabs or insults? You dont have to be friends but can be cordial. Thoughts @kav? I feel confident that @VintageComics will move forward if you are willing.

All I did was offer advice about how to get along. He was obviously having difficuty in that area because he was posting extensively about the matter.   If someone doesnt want to take the advice, they say thank you and move on.  They do not insult the person who was showing kindness.  This is being a human being 101.  There's no resetting with someone like that.